NVIDIA Warns That GPU Shortages Will Continue throughout 2021

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Enthusiasts who believe that graphics cards may be easier to obtain by the end of the year may want to set their optimisms aside, as NVIDIA has begun cautioning that the GPU shortage is likely to extend beyond 2021. The latest warning comes from green team’s executive vice president and chief financial officer, Colette Kress, who stated during Monday’s Investor Day event that demands for NVIDIA GPUs are expected to exceed supply for “much of this year.” Kress previously suggested that the availability of GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards might improve by the summer.

"We expect demand to continue to exceed supply for much of this year" says Nvidia's CFO. https://t.co/kB1jBDGix0— PC Gamer (@pcgamer) April 13, 2021...

Continue reading...

Also newsworthy.... water is wet. Sky is blue. Man will never understand how women think.

Well seeing as we're almost halfway thru 2021 and retailers are still refusing to make purchases available in store only (Best Buy, Microcenter) or making any attempt at cracking down on bots and scalpers, I had little doubt anything would change soon.

This will be the first GPU generation in history where no gamers actually owned any of the cards. Just miners and scalpers.

And into 2022... and 2023... Scaplers will have taken over by 2024.

EDIT: Don't forget that Newegg will continue to offer Product-Shuffles for all these cards, forcing bundled crap into the process so that they can liquidate their unused bull!@#t at a profit!

Last edited:
Great heaving donkey snot!

Miners killing the gamers. Lack of product I can take, the price gouging seriously turns me away from the PC market

Miners are killing more than the gamers, start with the power grid, then the economy, and eventually the planet. Gamers are very low on the list, far bellow professional users, you know those who actually use GPUs for productivity.

It's a interesting time to be a gamer. I feel a little guilty for having a modern card. But I feel good I sold my gigabyte 2080 to a college kid for 400. Though on reflection I think he just scalped it.

Getting a modern video card takes an effort now. 1. Get and keep the money on hand. 2. Follow a stream for drops. 3. Hope you can get one among all the bot checks and auto logoff pages and such. 4. Pay a premium as not even Newegg is selling g at retail any more. 4.1. Or go to a microcenter and do the video card camp. Though at this point it seems most doing that are just scalpers.

Become a Patron!
Back