NVIDIA Will Launch Its RTX 20 SUPER Series in Mid-July

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
According to VideoCardz, NVIDIA will release its GeForce RTX 20 SUPER series next month. They're expected to be announced sometime next week.

This is what the Founders Edition of the NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER will allegedly look like. There are no major changes aside from the "SUPER" badge being tacked onto the end of the model name.

Here are the specs, via Igor Wallossek (Tom's Hardware Germany).

The GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER will feature Turing TU104-450 GPU. This alone points towards 8GB GDDR6 memory, which for this very SKU will be faster (16 Gbps vs 14 Gbps) than the rest of the RTX stack. At this point, there is no doubt that this model will have all CUDA cores enabled (3072 to be exact).

Meanwhile, the RTX 2070, which was used by AMD during Radeon RX 5700 XT presentation, will receive a faster variant with an additional 256 CUDA cores. This card will be powered by TU104-410 GPU.

The RTX 2060 Super will basically be a cut-down version of RTX 2070 non-Super, featuring TU106-410 GPU with full 256-bit memory bus. This means 8GB GDDR6 memory, which is a 2GB more than RTX 2060 non-Super.

I'm actually surprised they are waiting a bit. I am assuming these are being released just to F with AMD and their Navi release.

If I were JSH, I would release them around 7/1, in a not-so-subtle attempt to force AMD to move off their recently announced MRSP before they even get a chance to hit the shelves.

Still nothing worth upgrading from a 1080ti, unless they make a 2080ti super and bring the price down £300.

I'm actually surprised they are waiting a bit. I am assuming these are being released just to F with AMD and their Navi release.

They can still have something up the proverbial sleeve. I haven't seen a $4000 Titan yet

If the above information is accurate
2080 - 2080 Super has 4% increase in Cuda cores - not much to write home about unless clock speeds are increased which one could OC anyways.
2070 - 2070 Super has 11% increase in Cuda cores which should make this faster than the 5700 XT, sorry AMD you will be limping out of the gate
2060 - 2060 Super has 13% increase in Cuda cores, wider memory bus meaning much larger memory bandwidth - this looks to be a very good part but I do not think it will overtake the 5700 but then the regular 2070 pricing will be interesting.

It really comes down to pricing in the end. Vega Vii pricing may look high if the regular 2080 price is cheaper. Not to mention that the 1650, 1660 and 1660 Ti prices will be lowered making the Rx 5xx series pointless.

I just don't see AMD competing here well unless they further lower their pricing and also come out with more viable products.

All I want is Destiny 2 @ full settings 3840x1600 75Hz. Whoever does that, gets my money.

I just want 4K gaming to be achieveble for less than 1K. I'm fairly casual so I'm fine with 30-60FPS as long as its fairly constant.

Become a Patron!
Back