NVIDIA's 7 Nm "Ampere" GPUs Reportedly Coming 1H 2020

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The luster of NVIDIA's current RTX lineup could be gone by next year. While there have already been reports of green team launching its next-generation parts in 2020, Igor's Lab believes 7 nm "Ampere" will arrive somewhere in the first half.

There aren't any specifications to go on at this time, but some believe the transition to a smaller node could bring performance improvements as high as 50%. Whether that's true or not, Ampere should definitely help make ray tracing more of a practical reality.

It is highly likely that NVIDIA will continue with their RTX philosophy and take that to the next level with Ampere. Right now, the Turing GPU is capable of raytracing at 1080p 30 fps for light to moderate path ray tracing workloads. The Ampere GPU will be able to go further.

This will probably destroy anything AMD has...again.

And if the prices are sensible will be my next purchase.
But if they screw us with prices again I will hang on for as long as I can and not play new games for a year or 2, then buy second hand hardware
They will damage PC gaming if they do it again.

And if the prices are sensible will be my next purchase.
But if they screw us with prices again I will hang on for as long as I can and not play new games for a year or 2, then buy second hand hardware
They will damage PC gaming if they do it again.
I’ll pick up b stock EVGA 2080S for $300-350 again if that’s the case, I’ve been doing that the past few years. Saves me a ton of money and I get good enough performance heh.

Become a Patron!
Back