NVIDIA's Latest Game Ready Driver Adds ReShade Filters, Image Sharpening, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA released a new Game Ready Driver today, and it's a big one. 441.08 WHQL adds ReShade to GeForce Experience, allowing users to import and utilize countless graphical filters (e.g., dynamic film grain, color correction) from reshade.me. The drivers also integrate NVIDIA Freestyle's image sharpening filter into the NVIDIA Control Panel for improving image clarity in DirectX 9, 10, 11, and 12 games.

Additionally, Ultra Low Latency Mode (NULL) has been updated to work with G-SYNC (and G-SYNC Compatible) monitors, reducing end-to-end system latency when V-SYNC is on by up to 20%. Last but not least is support for an additional seven G-SYNC Compatible displays and optimal playable settings for more games, such as Borderlands 3 and Gears 5.

Included in our collection of curated ReShade filters are two exciting new filters we jointly worked on with ReShade author Pascal Gilcher. Posterize adds a pop-art effect and reduces the image to 4 colors, while Retro Neon uses the game’s depth to create a cool sci-fi effect. Additionally, we are contributing our Image Sharpening filter to the ReShade community via our ReShade Github repository.

I'm surprised they didn't limit Reshade to RTX/Turing cards, like they did Integer Scaling.

That surprised me as well. Haven't had a chance to explore it all yet though

I have a Maxwell card - supposedly it will work on my system, but requires GeForce Experience. Bleh...

I don't mind the GeForce Experience. I don't install it on all Nvidia systems though.

Become a Patron!
Back