One of Steam’s Biggest Games Right Now Involves Running a Gas Station

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gas-station-simulator-screenshot-ready-to-pump-gas-1024x576.jpg
Image: DRAGO Entertainment

It’s funny how popular simulator games are despite the arguably mundane tasks that their players are charged with. The latest arrived this week in the form of DRAGO Entertainment’s Gas Station Simulator, and it’s been doing extremely well on Steam since its launch on Wednesday, managing to make the top-sellers list next to big-budget titles such as Arkane’s Deathloop and Valve’s Half-Life Alyx.

As the name might suggest, DRAGO’s Gas Station Simulator allows gamers to live their dream of becoming a gas station attendant. Players start out by buying an abandoned gas station, who must then restore it to full glory via renovations such as painting the walls and repairing broken equipment.

Pumping gas for customers is obviously part of the game, but the stations can be expanded with various other business opportunities...

Continue reading...

If you like pumping gas, there are several full service gas stations that would love to have your service.

And I GUARANTEE the graphics will be WAY more realistic...

...AND YOU GET PAID!

If you like pumping gas, there are several full service gas stations that would love to have your service.

And I GUARANTEE the graphics will be WAY more realistic...

...AND YOU GET PAID!
I keep telling my kid this, who is absolutely hooked on Trucking Simulators, Farming Simulators, Mechanic Simulators, PC Building Simulators, etc.

But they are only fun when he plays in God/Creator mode and has unlimited resources to do stupid stuff.

I can't get the kid to mow the lawn for any amount of money - but he sure as snot shucked out cash for a lawnmowing simulator ><

"They all expect to have their cars filled up, their shopping done right away and aren’t that patient even when it comes to repairs of their vehicles. You are going to be dealing with some serious time pressure at peak hours and have to schedule various tasks for when it’s less hectic. Proper time management and choosing the right priorities becomes very important when it comes to keeping your customers happy."

Jesus, that's work every day. Hard pass.

I have never understood the appeal of games that center around the most mundane bullshit. Shooting aliens and blowing stuff up is far more entertaining.
I blame millennials. They've neve had a real job so they play a game that is about having a real job. ;)

Off-topic, I'm one of those guys who does not like those states where it is illegal to pump your own gas. What the f*ck kind of bullsh1t is that anyways? Quicker and easier to do it myself, plus I can control how much I put in there, and I don't have to tip someone afterwards. I do admit though that having someone else pump my gas is handy in the winter. Don't have to get outta my warm car.

I blame millennials. They've neve had a real job so they play a game that is about having a real job. ;)

People throw around the term "millennials", but most don't realize millennials are right now between 25 and 40 years old. The younger millennials I could see, but I thik many of the generalizations about millennials are really more about the generation that followed. Gen Z?

Last edited:
People throw around the term "millennials", but most don't realize millennials are right now between 25 and 40 years old. The younger millennials I could see, but I thin largely many of the generalizations about millennials are really more about the generation that followed. Gen Z?
To me its a mix I guess. Younger Mellenials and gen z.

Actually these sim games, are more about efficiency and strategizing, and can be a good way to teach management skills. It's certainly more useful than fortnite. And I bet it's a much more fulfilling experience when you see your strategy working in the game efficiently than some battle royale.

Actually these sim games, are more about efficiency and strategizing, and can be a good way to teach management skills. It's certainly more useful than fortnite. And I bet it's a much more fulfilling experience when you see your strategy working in the game efficiently than some battle royale.

Spoken like someone who has never won a Chicken Dinner :p

I kid, Fortnite is terrible. PUBG was fun for a few weeks back when I tested it summer of 2018, but only in First Person mode, and the novelty wore off rather quickly after your 3rd or 4th chicken dinner.

I made the mistake of checking back in to see if it was any more fun now that there are more maps, but I felt they had ruined the game. Worse graphics, and controls felt less challenging and tactical.

I see the point that you are making about th eeducational nature of it, but I doubt these games are accurate enough simulations on the business side to actually have any real teaching moments.

Maybe if you play them as "intended". But I've never seen my kid do that - it's not fun having to start at the bottom and work your way up when you can just flip a switch and buy everything in the game thousands of times over.

Spoken like someone who has never won a Chicken Dinner :p
Well, you can't win, if you don't play, as the lottery ads used to say here. And I'm a proud member of the never played Fortnite or Pubg club.
I see the point that you are making about th eeducational nature of it, but I doubt these games are accurate enough simulations on the business side to actually have any real teaching moments.
It does not need to be realistic, they don't need to teach actual economics, just analytic thinking.

Maybe if you play them as "intended". But I've never seen my kid do that - it's not fun having to start at the bottom and work your way up when you can just flip a switch and buy everything in the game thousands of times over.
Well, I'd say the opposite. It's no fun if you can flip a switch and buy everything a thousand times over. The novelty wears off fast that way. Yeah, sometimes it's OK to have some mindless fun, but not all the time. It seems like you need to blacklist those trainer sites on your router :p

Well, I'd say the opposite. It's no fun if you can flip a switch and buy everything a thousand times over. The novelty wears off fast that way. Yeah, sometimes it's OK to have some mindless fun, but not all the time. It seems like you need to blacklist those trainer sites on your router :p
I entirely agree with you. I don't understand kids these days.

Become a Patron!
Back