Online Retailer Drops Prices on Turing Cards As It Begins Listing New Ampere AIB Cards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Card-Generic-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

Since Tuesday’s official launch of NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30 Series of GPUs, many around the world have begun planning on how to get one. There has actually been such excitement over them that supply concerns are already beginning to arise. Factor in that NVIDIA itself is not allowing pre-orders for the Founders Editions, and things can look even bleaker for those hoping to have one before 2021.

How to get something new is not the only question on people’s minds, now, either. The reported specifications for these new Ampere-based cards show generational leaps over the previous Turing-based cards. On top of that, the manufacturer-suggested retail prices are dramatically less then Turing as well. Even if you factor in the markup of some AIB...

Continue reading...

Keep in mind that those prices include VAT, which is 20% in the UK. Import duties also average around 10%, so the price of the 3090 in your first example would really be £1,188.64 or $1,577.31 USD at today's exchange rates. That would be $1,679.84 for me after 6.5% sales tax. Not much higher than the SEP of $1,499.00 USD.

Keep in mind that those prices include VAT, which is 20% in the UK. Import duties also average around 10%, so the price of the 3090 in your first example would really be £1,188.64 or $1,577.31 USD at today's exchange rates. That would be $1,679.84 for me after 6.5% sales tax. Not much higher than the SEP of $1,499.00 USD.
Spot on. Some other sites reporting on this haven't taken that into account and in their threads people are claiming huge mark ups. I've dealt with Overclockers UK(nice folks!) and was aware of that. I almost ordered my 2080 Ti from them last time around because I couldn't find one here in the U.S. and at the very last moment scored one from NewEgg. In the end they're charging pretty close to what has been stated would be the expected prices.

Become a Patron!
Back