Oppenheimer IMAX Prints Span 11 Miles, Weigh 600 Pounds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Christopher Nolan has announced that the best way to watch Oppenheimer is at IMAX 70 mm film locations, and while that sounds like a grand time for audiences, the actual, physical film itself sounds like a nightmare to move, per a new report from the AP that mentions how the IMAX prints turned out to be 11 miles long, weighing 600 pounds. This is largely owed to Oppenheimer's lengthy runtime, which clocks in at three hours and makes the atomic bomb movie Nolan's longest feature yet. Variety confirmed with Universal Pictures today that the film is officially rated R, while IMAX has 20 locations listed for those who want to see it in 70 mm in the U.S. Oppenheimer is set for release on July 21.

See full article...

I wonder how many TB or PB the raw digital files are. Guaranteed to be 2 discs for 4K, using LOTR extended as a reference, even the 4+ hour RoTK was like that with DV/Atmos.

Never thought I could assign a weight and length to how much I don't care about that movie. 600, its 600 pounds and 11 miles.

I wonder how many TB or PB the raw digital files are. Guaranteed to be 2 discs for 4K, using LOTR extended as a reference, even the 4+ hour RoTK was like that with DV/Atmos.
Yea my DVD collector editions are multi disk for each of the movies. And honestly I don't mind a bit, great time to take a break and stretch the ole legs.

Plus the easter eggs in each box set are GLORIOUS.

Become a Patron!
Back