Overclocking NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER Founders Edition

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction We have reviewed the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER, and now it is time to overclock it and see what kind of a gameplay experience it can deliver when pushed to the max, and how it compares to a factory overclocked Radeon RX 7900 GRE. If you want to know how to overclock GeForce […]

See full article...

nice article. I wonder how far I can get on my non-super GB 4070

I haven't tried to manually overclock the GPU on my laptop which reportedly uses the same die as the non-super 4070 but using its max boost mode shows it hitting ~2560 MHz and some rare peaks in the 2800s. I did overclock the memory slightly but nothing to write home about. In the end, though, the AD104 is a beast at 1440p and even more so when using DLSS, and from looking at this review of the SUPER version it gets just a bit better at it as well.

It's really impressive that this card meets or beats the RTX3080 and gets really close to the RTX3090 in several games.

Yep, the refinement with the ADA GPUs, especially in the mid-high tiers is really impressive.

Remember when a 1070 was SUPPOSED to be faster than a 980? How far we have fallen.

IIRC the GTX 1070 IS faster than the GTX 980, not by much, but still.
That's my point for a short while there the x79 series was faster/better than the previous gens x80.

Become a Patron!
Back