Overwatch 2 Beta Scheduled for Late June Ahead of Free-to-Play FPS’ October Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Blizzard has sent out a tweet confirming that a new Overwatch 2 beta will be launched later this month on June 28 ahead of the game's recently announced October early access release date.

Go to post

Ok I have to ask this.... are people still playing overwatch? I kinda thought it died for everyone other than influencers wanting to wear tight body suites to gain followers.

Wow, 2? It feels like the first one only just came out.
I tried it once during a Free Weekend, just to determine if I thought it was appropriate for my stepson. I guess that means it was a while ago after all, as he is old enough that I don't feel like I have to do that anymore...

I found the first one completely uninteresting. Super fast and twitchy, unrealistic and boring.

wiki list of most-played video games to the rescue!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-played_video_games_by_player_count
(i have no idea how accurate it is)
(also i noticed some of the numbers are peak numbers, others are subscriptions, so if you want to compare 2 games make sure they're counting the same thing)

Immediately I have my doubts, considering PUBG is at the top of the list.

And 1.2 billion players? That can't possibly be right.

The world population may be almost 8 billion now, but still that would mean that almost 15% of the worlds population is regularly playing PUBG. That for a title that everyone I ever encounter say they played back in 2016-2017 when it was in Steam Greenlight, but since have have stopped playing.

Similarly, a BILLION people are regularly playing Crossfire? A tactical FPS game which I, a fan of tactical FPS games, have never heard of, and from the screenshots I cna find looks like a ****ty ripoff of Counter-Strike?

This just doesn't pass the smell test.

Immediately I have my doubts, considering PUBG is at the top of the list.

And 1.2 billion players? That can't possibly be right.

The world population may be almost 8 billion now, but still that would mean that almost 15% of the worlds population is regularly playing PUBG. That for a title that everyone I ever encounter say they played back in 2016-2017 when it was in Steam Greenlight, but since have have stopped playing.

Similarly, a BILLION people are regularly playing Crossfire? A tactical FPS game which I, a fan of tactical FPS games, have never heard of, and from the screenshots I cna find looks like a ****ty ripoff of Counter-Strike?

This just doesn't pass the smell test.
Agreed about pubg and other numbers there. For pubg it looks like they included the mobile version and then simply counted the number of downloads.

I wouldn't be surprised if crossfire has more players than games like cs:go. Sometimes I forget how many people are on that side of the world. But I also don't know.

Ok I have to ask this.... are people still playing overwatch? I kinda thought it died for everyone other than influencers wanting to wear tight body suites to gain followers.

I think I quit around the time that apex legends came out, seeing Overwatch 2 is supposed to be backwards compatible with 1 for multiplay, I'm curious to how this launch will pan out.

seeing Overwatch 2 is supposed to be backwards compatible with 1 for multiplay,
Hmm that should be interesting, as there really isn't anything ~but~ multiplay in the original title.

Become a Patron!
Back