Pablo Escobar’s Brother Selling Foldable Smartphone That Can “Only Be Destroyed by Fire”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Escobar name may be synonymous with cocaine, but Pablo's brother would prefer to engage in a more legitimate business: smartphones. Roberto Escobar has begun selling a foldable phone called the Escobar Fold 1, which has a screen that is supposedly "almost unbreakable," the "most durable telephone screen on the market." It costs $349 and runs on Android.

…half-blind and half-deaf from a letter bomb that went off close to his face in prison in 1993, Roberto has dreams of becoming a smartphone maker by following in the footsteps of Samsung with its Galaxy Fold. "We want to beat the competition," Gustafsson told CNN. "We figured out very fast that if we make a good telephone that folds for a reasonable price, we can sell many units. And that is what is happening now."

Funny they never show the front of the phone.

Bet it is two cheap screens glued together. Be nice to be wrong, but....

LOL that commercial literally had nothing to do with the phone other than some chick in underwear holding it.

This should be reviewed. I don't care that it's funded by a criminal enterprise. I want to know how bad this phone is in reality. Here's hoping LTT buys one just for the hits once he reviews it. (Nevermind the potential hit team for a bad review.)

The accessories is where they make up for the cheap price. If you get the mirror attachment and hollow tube, ahem, stylus, it'll cost an additional $200.....$1500 if you want the stylus that comes with an x-acto blade tip and weighs ~1.5g.

Funny they never show the front of the phone.

Bet it is two cheap screens glued together. Be nice to be wrong, but....
Yeah, I think that was not even a real phone. Just some metal covers with a black binder. lol

Wait, there was a phone in that video? I only saw showgirls.

Become a Patron!
Back