Panzer Dragoon: Remake Coming to Steam This Winter

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sega Saturn fans who have graduated to the PC platform can re-live the console's classic 1995 rail shooter very soon. MegaPixel Studio has revealed that its Panzer Dragoon: Remake, which was initially announced for the Nintendo Switch, is also coming to Steam this winter. The remade version offers a fresh coat of paint and some control tweaks that should make the original experience even better.

A new, remade version of the Panzer Dragoon game – true to the original, with improved graphics and controls, that suit modern gaming standards! On a far, lone planet, you encounter two dragons awaken from the ancient times. Armed with a deadly gun from the past, and the guidance of your armored blue dragon, you must fulfill your destiny and keep the Prototype Dragon from reaching the Tower or die trying.

Definitely looking forward to this. I still play Panzer Dragoon II Zwei on my Saturn very often, but the first game I don't touch as much. This year I been putting more time into Panzer Dragoon Orta. For years I used the original Xbox disc on my X360, but now I play the game on XB1 where it looks ****ing fantastic. So yeah I'm all over this remake of the first game for PC. So **** glad it's coming to PC, even though I have a Switch. Hopefully this might lead to a series revival and then I can get a 4th main Panzer Dragoon game. While they are at it, they should do some kind of remaster for Panzer Dragoon Saga. Not everyone wants to pay an assload of cash for the Saturn version.

You know I never played this one. Is there a good video for it that players would say "This is why this game is great."?

Never played the original (though played Zwei religiously on my Saturn back in the day). I'll pick up a copy, if only to persuade Sega to update more of their classics for consoles.

There's a whole slew of Sega RPGs that I never had a chance to play (Panzer Dragoon Saga being the top one I want to get my hands on).

watched a youtube video of original game play on the Saturn .. I guess I tend to forget how far we have come in the graphics department, lol .. I cut my teeth on a 13" b&w tv and Combat on the Atari 2600.

*sniff* .. Thanks mom! 🥰

Game looks like it'll be fun though

PD2Z was far more impressive in the graphics and performance department compared to the first game. Quite a large jump for being on the same system. When PDO came out on on original Xbox I was like ****, putting that GeForce 3 to good use, wow.
I cut my teeth on a 13" b&w tv and Combat on the Atari 2600.
My mom owned an Atari 2600 when I was a wee tyke. That was the first console I ever had, and the only one I no longer have (it was "lost" during a move in 1989). Combat was one of the very first video games I can remember playing in my life. My mom also used to take me to arcades when I was a baby/toddler, and Tank was among the first arcade games I ever played. I remember having to play my mom's NES on a black & white TV for at least a few years.

Last edited:
PD2Z was far more impressive in the graphics and performance department compared to the first game. Quite a large jump for being on the same system. When PDO came out on on original Xbox I was like ****, putting that GeForce 3 to good use, wow.

My mom owned an Atari 2600 when I was a wee tyke. That was the first console I ever had, and the only one I no longer have (it was "lost" during a move in 1989). Combat was one of the very first video games I can remember playing in my life. My mom also used to take me to arcades when I was a baby/toddler, and Tank was among the first arcade games I ever played. I remember having to play my mom's NES on a black & white TV for at least a few years.
A single mom raising a bit of a brat on her own through the 70's/80's .. she sacrificed a lot so that I could have "stuff". I played on that B&W TV for years, lol.

I played a lot of arcade games in my teens .. kind of the height of it's appeal in the 80's. I could get through the 80's arcade version of Shinobi on one quarter. They upped the difficulty on it and I could still get through on one quarter. On Friday/Saturday nights I'd have a big crowd around me watching me play ..

I WAS A gOD AMONGST MEN!!!

... err .. ok .. maybe not, but it was a blast.

resurrecting these old games brings back a lot of memories and reasons why we still game today.

I could get through the 80's arcade version of Shinobi on one quarter. They upped the difficulty on it and I could still get through on one quarter. On Friday/Saturday nights I'd have a big crowd around me watching me play ..

I WAS A gOD AMONGST MEN!!!

... err .. ok .. maybe not, but it was a blast.
Hahahahaha that sounds ****ing awesome! Wish I could have been right there in that crowd watching you rock that game. **** that's impressive. I miss those old arcade days. If you go to Japan now it's like those days never ever ****ing left. I have one friend who collects arcade systems, he has one cabinet with custom JAMMA harnesses so he can swap in and out multiple arcade boards/systems, and another friend who is a big arcade/pinball reseller and repairguy, so he has an epic ****ton of various cabinets and arcade systems. He used to own an arcade and classic game store, but as is usually the case in the USA with these things, his store went out of business. So the only arcade gaming I get to do these days (not counting emulation) is at the homes of these dudes. I myself only have one arcade system, a Neo-Geo MVS, but games are quite expensive. Although a few hundred for an MVS cartridge is not the same as a few grand for an arcade board. The best arcade systems to own for the home are the ones that use cartridges/optical discs. More convenient and cheaper per-game cost. All of those are post-1990 though.

Anyways not trying to hijack the thread, but thanks for sharing your memories.

Become a Patron!
Back