Paramount Announces Seventh Transformers Film, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: Paramount Studios

Paramount Studios confirmed the title for the seventh installment of its blockbuster live-action Transformers film franchise during a virtual showcase held today. Titled Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, the next Transformers feature will take inspiration from the iconic and beloved Beast Wars: Transformers storyline, which takes place hundreds of years after the events of the original Transformers and pits two factions of animal-based Transformers against one another: the noble Maximals, led by Optimus Primal, and the villainous Predacons, led by Megatron. Set for release on June 24, 2022, Paramount’s Transformers: Rise of the Beasts will take place in 1994 and feature both classic fan-favorites and brand-new characters, as well as the return of Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime...

Continue reading...

I was quasi-interested in this since I'm a huge fan of those stories but that went out the window when I saw "will take place in 1994". Once again it already sounds like the studio has no clue wth it's doing. Such a shame since I did like Bumblebee but this already seems bayformers again.

I've seen exactly 0 transformers movies so far. They are even less interesting than marvel movies.

I've seen exactly 0 transformers movies so far. They are even less interesting than marvel movies.
You are most fortunate.
I'm too much of an old-school comic nerd so I've been into the movies even with all the changes. However, I've watched most of the bayformers and it feels more like some form of self-torture.

I'm too much of an old-school comic nerd so I've been into the movies even with all the changes. However, I've watched most of the bayformers and it feels more like some form of self-torture.
I vaguely remember trying to watch the first when it came out, I didn't last very long, so self torture is a good description.

Become a Patron!
Back