PC Gaming Chair Recommendations

My stupid Serta chair is really pissing me off lately, and I have to use a foam "pillow" (I cut up an old mattress topper) because the butt padding is gone. My bony *** just destroys chair cushions apparently.
Need a mesh chair. My Staples (insert common name I can't remember) chair, currently at work, is going on four years. The Serta lasted less than a month in terms of butt padding.

Currently rocking a chair from a Chinese vendor I got off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0868P91T9/?tag=thefpsreview-20

Added some memory foam elbow pads and got the roller-skate style wheels to use instead of the standard small plastic ones, which work much better on carpet.

My secondary chair is a mesh chair. I hate it for different reasons. Yeah maybe an Aeron would be good, but those are $300+ used
Yeah I really looked hard at the AM chairs - it seems to be the thing to beat out, and either you love them or hate them. The few times I had the opportunity to sit in one I did like it, but it was never for hours at a stretch.

That said, you can buy four Omegas for the price of a new one. I don't like to buy used when I can avoid it, especially furniture (wife had a bad deal with bedbugs once before we met -- not sure an AM could do that, but with covid and all, it was just a fight that wasn't worth having)

There was a runner up I had in mind (X-Chair), but even at half the price of a AM, it was still twice the price of the SecretLab.

SecretLab was well-recommended by @Dan_D and others around here, so I dove in. I wish it were a bit less "gamer" but that's secondary to how it sits.

I don't like to buy used when I can avoid it, especially furniture

Valid points and things to think about, thanks. I gotta do something, this thing I'm sitting on went from fine adequate to suck real quick.

Valid points and things to think about, thanks. I gotta do something, this thing I'm sitting on went from fine adequate to suck real quick.
That's what my Serta did too. Went from really comfy, to OK over about 2 years, then over a couple weeks went from OK to wtf I may as well be sitting on concrete.

My secondary chair is a mesh chair. I hate it for different reasons. Yeah maybe an Aeron would be good, but those are $300+ used

I tried a mesh chair for a while because I kept hearing they were the most comfortable chairs out there but I could never get comfortable in it longer than an hour or two at the most. I always just thought it must be me. Plus, cushy chairs always seem to work best for me.

I just went with a steel case leap v2. Though I also work from home and game in it. Very nice chair though.

Become a Patron!
Back