Philips Launches World’s First Monitor Designed for Xbox

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
philips-momentum-monitor-559m1ryv-xbox-series-x-living-room-1024x576.jpg
Image: Philips

Philips has announced a new HDMI 2.1 display called the Philips Momentum. Developed in collaboration with Microsoft’s Xbox team, Philips’ new Momentum monitor is the world’s first Designed for Xbox console gaming display that’s “validated to deliver the optimal Xbox Series X visual performance the moment you plug it in.” The Philips Momentum monitor features a 55-inch 4K (3840 x 2160) 120 Hz panel that supports variable refresh rate, DisplayHDR 1000 certification for peak brightness levels of up to 1,000 nits, and a special Xbox Game Mode that provides a specially tuned picture quality for Xbox games. Philips didn’t clarify how many HDMI 2.1 ports the Momentum has in its press release, but the monitor will be available this summer for $1,599.

Unlike televisions, Philips Momentum gaming monitors are built for console...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
55".... It's already more expensive than a C1.

I think this is a TV, sans the smart stuff, with backlighting. And marked up 30%+ because - gaming. You'd probably be better off getting whatever TV this thing is based off - exact same panel, specs and processor, plus multiple inputs and an OS & tuner if you ever wanted to use it.

Honestly that speaker could make a difference if this is going into a kids room or game room. But a 55 inch for a game room... borders on excessive. As a primary entertainment hub in a household you would want a more complete surround sound experience, Especially if you are in the budget area for a 'gaming' tv.

This will end up in well off college dorms and small apartments that want something nice.

I like the idea of it, seems a bit bizarre they felt the need to be Xbox-focused though. However, with that price, it continues the trend that those looking for a larger gaming screen will find a better value with a t.v. By the specs this seems like an LG panel so why not go to the source for a better price?

When does this new Xbox launch?

I'm on my 3rd "we are sorry you are too far back on the list to get a PS5 this drop" and 0 for the new Xbox.

I guess that if you can pay scalper prices for consoles you don't mind paying trough the nose for a monitor either.

When does this new Xbox launch?

I'm on my 3rd "we are sorry you are too far back on the list to get a PS5 this drop" and 0 for the new Xbox.

I guess that if you can pay scalper prices for consoles you don't mind paying trough the nose for a monitor either.
Yeah it kind of makes you wonder. It's easy to put the blame at miners for GPUs but when it comes down to this stuff the only real culprits are chip shortages and scalpers. Meanwhile both Sony and MS have bragged about their record profits since launching. Kind of makes you wonder.

Yeah it kind of makes you wonder. It's easy to put the blame at miners for GPUs but when it comes down to this stuff the only real culprits are chip shortages and scalpers. Meanwhile both Sony and MS have bragged about their record profits since launching. Kind of makes you wonder.

I think Phil Spencer tweeded some time ago that shortages for the Xbox series should be a thing of the past around June, guess again Phil

Funny enough I found an Xbox series X today for MSRP, shame the shipping is 385€ which is absurd, but one way to make money.

Become a Patron!
Back