PlayStation 5 Pro Will Be Released in 2023 or 2024, It’s Claimed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-5-top-close-up-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

It’s no surprise that Sony will be releasing a Pro version of the PlayStation 5, but YouTuber and hardware leaker Moore’s Law Is Dead claims to have a very good idea of when it’ll be released. According to Moore’s, the PS5 Pro will almost definitely be released in late 2023 or 2024, which isn’t too long of a wait for PlayStation fans who still haven’t been able to get their hands on a PS5 or PS5 Digital model and are willing to remain patient.

Moore’s unfortunately can’t confirm anything about the PS5 Pro’s specifications, but he has provided plenty of speculation regarding the potential performance of the revised console. One theory is that Sony might be leaning toward a console that can actually be marketed as a true 8K gaming device, although it’s unclear how PlayStation engineers might pulled that off even with techniques such as checkerboard rendering...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether this is true or not, this is more or less around when I was expecting an upgraded refresh to come out. PS4 Pro I think came 4 years after base PS4 launched. So 2024 for PS5 Pro seems reasonable to me. I'll probably be building myself a new PC around the same time.

I hope they start stockpiling them now if they want to have some decent inventory at launch.

I think it's kind of dumb of Sony to announce this early. They still cannot ship enough PS5's for easy purchase. Announcing a new and improved Pro model before someone can even buy a PS5... might influence some to just wait for the Pro model.

Isn't MLD the guy who throws everything at the wall hoping something sticks? Kind of like WCCFTech, only in Youtube format.

A playstation five pro will be released in 2023 or 2024 maybe 2025 could be 2026... maybe.. Probably?

Now we are at a point where even reviewers are struggling to get a PS5. Are we sure some chinese or ukrainan gang hasn't figured out how to use them for mining?

Now we are at a point where even reviewers are struggling to get a PS5. Are we sure some chinese or ukrainan gang hasn't figured out how to use them for mining?
It’s possible but I think it’s more that scalpers have now figured out how to game the current system, and that they always come out in a predictable trickle. So they can always buy them out as they drop and keep them on the gray market. And then there is the combination of people willing to buy from that gray market and pricing being so high for so long it almost looks normal now.

Become a Patron!
Back