Playstation Classic for $29.00

I've seen these as low as $20. Can't bring myself to buy one even if you can modify and add games.
I kind of feel the same. Still a fun gift for family member or friend who is a bit retro. There's only a few games I'd feel like going back to play and they're not on it.
1. Star Wars Demolition-Would love a modern day remake of this. Still fire this one up on emulators now and then.
2. Spider-Man 1 & 2-With the exceptions of the movie based Spider-Man 2 for PS2 and the latest for the PS4 these, to me, were the definitive games. Especially the 1st. They were based on the cartoons and comics long before the infinite rewrites of the characters.

I'd be far more interested in a PS2/PS3 combo classic. Came so close to ordering an original PS3 with the full PS1/PS2 emulation that I even researched replacement optical drives. Never did it but came close. So many good games between these too I wouldn't even try to list.

I bought one at $25... spent money on the OTG cable and some big USB drives. Messed with it for a couple days then it went back into the box for 6 months. I ended up selling it for what I paid, minus the $5 OTG cable. It's neat to have all the PS games but honestly most haven't aged well, so if there is no nostalgia reason to play they aren't that interesting to me. I didn't get into playstation ecosystem until PS3, so none of the older PS1 titles really mean anything to me.

If you have fond childhood memories you want to relive, they are still floating around at various prices.

Reactions: _k_
Though I still use the original systems as well as emulators on PC, I had no problem getting an NES Classic, an SNES Classic, and a Genesis Mini (modded the first two, will mod Genesis Mini at some point). PS Classic though I want no part of, even for this reduced price. Probably made a lot better with modding, but eh. Sony ****ed up the execution out the gate. Well, maybe if I see it for $20 again.

If they really wanted to knock it out of the park they should've released a PS3, original based w/ ps1/ps2 emulation, classic for around $100.

Become a Patron!
Back