[PR] AORUS FI27Q Wins the European Hardware Award for Best Gaming Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-fi27q-monitor-box-1024x576.jpg
Image: GIGABYTE

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, launched the AORUS FI27Q gaming monitor during Gamescom 2019. Ever since the product launch, it has been a hot topic among gamers and numerous positive feedbacks were received about the outstanding performance and phenomenal tactical features. Today, AORUS FI27Q proved itself as not merely a fancy piece of tactical equipment for gamers, but also a masterpiece in the perspective of industrial design granted by the European Hardware Awards 2020.

The European Hardware Association was founded six years ago by a group of the largest and most influential independent hardware review sites across the European region. The award brings together over 100 of Europe’s top journalists to decide on the very best...

Continue reading...

If tiny monitors are your thing I guess...

^^I dunno... I know we like to push 4k and beyond with our 65" monitors, but I don't think we're the majority here... at least not according to Steam's stats, whatever that's worth.

monitor.JPG

I'm on a 34" 3440x1440 display. I did the whole 49" Samsung 4K TV thing and while nice, the 60Hz limitation wasn't for me. In any case, I just can't imagine dropping below a 32" monitor and wouldn't want to.

I thought about this monitor after being unhappy with my MSI 32". Couldn't bring myself to go down to a 27", and honestly I didn't see many favorable reviews of this monitor when I was looking. Good for Aorus that they won this though.

I have the predecessor. It's a fantastic monitor. A 32" doesn't fit in my work space since I have 3 other 27" monitors. It's perfect for my setup.

Honestly, though, I don't bother with HDR. It works, but it's not that great.

For gaming it's awesome.

I'm using a 27" 4K LG monitor (down from a 32" 1440p HP Omen). It works well enough for me, I also game on consoles using the monitor (Xbox One X and Switch). The One X can do freesync over HDMI, and the Switch's 1080p(ish) resolution looks fine on a 27". I do miss the size of the 32", but I don't think I'd find 1080p(ish) resolution very desirable on it.

Still, I have a curiosity for ultrawide. Never used it before but can definitely see the appeal of it. Probably at some point I'll look into setting one up. I was thinking using the 27" as a secondary/console monitor hovering directly above the ultrawide, with the ultrawide acting as my main monitor.

I like 27", but I'm a dual monitor guy. My setup isn't all that dissimilar from one of those ultrawides, but I've grown rather fond of the bezel in the middle - game (or on the occasions I do work, productivity apps) on the left, browser and tools on the right, and I've just worked with the split so long it's become a natural dividing point in my workflow.

I'm sure I could mimic the same thing if I played Windowed on games and just moved them to the left, but then I have to fool with getting it aligned just right. Not sure I want to give up my secondary monitor space though - it's just way too convenient.

I am really tempted to try one of the new 48" OLEDs that came out this year, but it would eat up my entire desk space and I would lose my secondary monitor. I could maybe squeeze a pair of 32" in there, but it would be a real stretch, and I don't feel like I'm lacking for screen size now at 27".

Until a year ago I was part of the 1920x1200 group. My poor, old Acer x243w died on me after 11 or so years and I had to downgrade to 1920x1080. Once I was able to retire my Radeon HD 5770 and replaced it with an RX570 Freesync was really nice and 75hz instead of 60hz was a nice upgrade as well but I still miss that vertical resolution. If I knew if and when I'd get a Steam hardware survey I'd hook up my old 19" CRT for some 1600x1200 action just to throw that onto the list. Hell, I'm half tempted to do it anyway since my second monitor is now an old Lenovo with only 1440x900. The only reason I'm not using the CRT as my second monitor is because it's almost 20 years old and not in very good shape. Text is extremely blurry on it and there's nothing I can do about it.

If I could afford to upgrade the video card and a couple of monitors I'd most likely go with a pair of 2560x1440 monitors in the 27" range. I don't want large monitors and I will not give up the space and versatility of a second monitor. I already keep a number of programs open on the second monitor and don't see myself changing that anytime soon. Some of them are monitoring programs such as GKrellm and MSI Afterburner's monitoring window. I also keep my music player, video player and email client open and viewable at all times on that monitor. At least that's how I have it setup under Windows although it's much the same for Linux except for the lack of MSI Afterburner.

My daily runners have been mostly 27" for the majority of the last ten years. First a 3d-120 Hz, 1080p, Asus which was then upgraded to a similarily 144 Hz G-Sync one. Recently went to another extreme with the Samsung 49" 32:9 5120x1440 CRG9(using it in 10-bit 100 Hz). I admit that the 49" size might be a bit much but, otherwise, I don't believe I ever want to go below 21:9 ever again. For the games that support it, the experience is awesome, and for working it's so amazing to have so much space to use. I still use my 65" t.v.'s for gaming but aside from improved IQ the missing FOV seems like a big drawback now.

Become a Patron!
Back