[PR] ASUS Announces Availability of World’s Fastest Portable Monitor, ROG Strix XG17AHP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
asus-rog-strix-xg17ahpe-1024x576.jpg
Image: ASUS

ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the availability of Strix XG17AHP, the world’s fastest portable monitor. Strix XG17AHP features a 17.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with wide viewing angles and super-fast 240 Hz refresh rate for a very smooth gaming experience. The monitor has a built-in 7800 mAh battery that delivers up to 3.5 hours of on-the-go gaming at maximum frame rate. In addition, quick-charge technology provides up to two hours of gaming at 240 Hz after an hour of charging time. USB Type‑C (USB‑C) and micro-HDMI ports provide versatile connectivity to smartphones, laptops, game consoles, cameras and a range of other peripherals. Strix XG17AHP has a thin 1 cm profile and weighs just 1060 grams, and includes an ROG Tripod, a Smart Cover and an ROG carry bag.

Smooth Gameplay

The...

Continue reading...

Hmm, is there a market for “must game on second screen but have no electrical outlet”

Exactly. I was like.... who is the target consumer for this? No one is going to hook up a battery powered 17" 1080p display to a desktop. And if you have a laptop that can benefit from a super fast screen, it probably has one already. And no one does dual screen FPS.... so WTF ASUS?

Yeah I do not get this at all...
Would it be for like a pro gamer who doesnt use a laptop? Has like a Tiny ITX case and this monitor?
Seems weird and I cant say I have seen that setup before but maybe?
Personally my second monitor needs to just be like 120hz if I was picking monitors now. anything past that is just for my gaming eyes IMHO.

Become a Patron!
Back