[PR] HBO Max Launches Today with WarnerMedia Programming, New Original Content, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
hbo-max-gradient-1024x576.jpg

WarnerMedia’s highly anticipated streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched today, featuring a leading collection of content curated from across WarnerMedia’s legendary catalog and a roster of new Max Originals, plus fan-favorite acquired franchises and films. The launch of HBO Max is the culmination of efforts over the past year to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch a new streaming offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner. HBO Max has an unparalleled backing of distinct talent and industry leaders and demonstrates what can be accomplished when WarnerMedia’s celebrated brands come together.

hbo-max-launch-pr-1.png

This new direct-to-consumer experience features 10,000 hours of premium content including the entire HBO...

Continue reading...

So on summary.. They are saying they will have a lot of content. You know what would have gotten me to subscribe for at least one month? The new wonder woman movie. Though the studio ghibli titles are awesome.

When they include 4K HDR, w/o increasing the price, I'll probably get this. The content looks good for a start but I've already got most of what's offered and not going to pay for another HD streaming service right now. Even with its snafus, I've seen impressive 4K content from Vudu, Movies Anywhere, Disney Plus, Netflix, Amazon, and DC Universe. On one of my t.v.'s, Sony Z9D, I was even able to watch the new Star Trek shows with Dolby Vision. Adopting another service without those display options is a backward step for me.

If you subscribe to gigabit fiber via AT&T, you get HBO Max for free. Log into your myatt account and claim it to set up.

Of course, the app doesn't work on Roku or Amazon devices yet.. so... kind of hard to stream to a TV at this point.

If you subscribe to gigabit fiber via AT&T, you get HBO Max for free. Log into your myatt account and claim it to set up.

Of course, the app doesn't work on Roku or Amazon devices yet.. so... kind of hard to stream to a TV at this point.

Well that makes it a no go for me. We're all in on Amazon media and voice control devices. Getting them in all the major rooms of the house.

Well that makes it a no go for me. We're all in on Amazon media and voice control devices. Getting them in all the major rooms of the house.

My understanding is that the apps are built and ready to release. ATT is just trying to educate Roku and Amazon about how awesome they are and how they should have a more favorable revenue sharing arrangement than the stock terms of service allows on the platforms.

I admit I have to give them credit. They did try to make a free for a lot of folks but, of course, I fall into that niche of people who can't get it for free at the moment.

Become a Patron!
Back