[PR] LG’s 48″ 4K OLED TV with NVIDIA G-SYNC Begins Rolling Out to Select Markets

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-cx-48-inch-oled-gamer-1024x576.jpg

LG Electronics (LG) brings the unparalleled picture quality of LG OLED TV to an all-new screen size – 48-inches – with a focus on customers who want a mid-size TV that best fits their living space, are looking for a second TV without compromising picture quality or need a quality display for serious gaming. With the 4K Ultra HD OLED 48CX, LG is addressing the growing demand for the ultimate viewing experience in more screen sizes by expanding its OLED lineup to the mid-size TV market, complementing its already diverse lineup of 55, 65, 77 and 88-inch models.

The unbeatable picture quality of LG OLED display technology, boasting perfect blacks and infinite contrast thanks to self-illuminating pixels, is at the heart of the new 48-inch OLED TV. The set reproduces even more vivid and sharper 4K picture...

Continue reading...

Very nice.

I have the Asus XG438Q. I hoped I would get used to the text quality over time, but I just haven't.

This LG could be promising. Still 48" is a little bit too large. If it were 43" it would be **** near perfect.

At some point when I have a spare chunk of change, I will be looking into what I will replace the Asus XG438Q with. Right now the two contenders are this LG screen or the Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ (if I can confirm it has better text quality than the XG438Q...

When I see that picture all I can think of is "he's way too close" to that monitor for it's size.

When I see that picture all I can think of is "he's way too close" to that monitor for it's size.

He is a little close, but not "WAY" too close.

I used to sit that close to a 48" screen. It was a tiny bit too large. I find 43" is perfect for that traditional desktop "arms length" monitor distance.

It does take a little getting used to, but it winds up filling your field of view and a bit of your peripheral vision in a way that really sucks you in. There is no going back once you are used to it.

I agree with Zath -- 43" and I'd probably have it pre-ordered.

48"... man, I really want to, but that's a bit large for me to just jump on. Granted, I'm using two 27" 4K's now... so all in all I think a single 48" would be less foot print than my dual setup, but I don't want to sacrifice the uses of a second monitor. With my current desktop, the dual monitors are already pushing it. I can't see a way to do one of these screens and a second monitor, even if I drop the size on that second monitor significantly.

But that doesn't stop me from wanting some OLED goodness. My 55" C7 is still F'n A Awesome. If I could get my hands on a HDMI 2.1 video card, I'd really be jonesing for this TV.

Hmm, unless I can talk my wife into rearranging the room.... Once this starts showing up on Massdrop or other discount sites for <$1K, I may bite.

Last edited:
I'm sure it has to do with not wanting to cross lines with profit margins but it'd sure be nice if they released a 32" monitor with this technology. It's incredibly ironic how many monitors of similar price points in the 30"-32" range often exceed T.V.s in the 47"-55" range. I love my C9 and would happily get a 32" version if it existed. Even though it's 4K native 1440p looks amazing on it as well. I agree 49" is too big for me as well for a desktop monitor.

I'm sure it has to do with not wanting to cross lines with profit margins but it'd sure be nice if they released a 32" monitor with this technology. It's incredibly ironic how many monitors of similar price points in the 30"-32" range often exceed T.V.s in the 47"-55" range. I love my C9 and would happily get a 32" version if it existed. Even though it's 4K native 1440p looks amazing on it as well. I agree 49" is too big for me as well for a desktop monitor.

This is probably also the reason, but for OLED I vaguely remember reading that high pixel density becomes a really challenging manufacturing problem. At 48" 4k that's a 91.8 PPI, which is already pretty challenging. Getting OLED to high enough yields with anything smaller than that is going to drive up costs, which is especially problematic because people expect smaller screens to be cheaper...

This is probably also the reason, but for OLED I vaguely remember reading that high pixel density becomes a really challenging manufacturing problem. At 48" 4k that's a 91.8 PPI, which is already pretty challenging. Getting OLED to high enough yields with anything smaller than that is going to drive up costs, which is especially problematic because people expect smaller screens to be cheaper...
Pretty sure you're right about the pixel density issue. I'd forgotten about that. (y)

Become a Patron!
Back