[PR] Samsung Announces Global Launch of Dual QHD Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
samsung-odyssey-g9-office-1024x576.jpg
Image: Samsung

Samsung Electronics, the number one player in the gaming monitor market, today announced the global launch of its next-generation Odyssey G9 curved gaming monitor. Unveiled at CES 2020, the G9 joins the recently launched G7 in the Odyssey line-up, which has completely reinvented the gaming experience by bringing together the key elements of next-level game play: comfortable curvature, immersive interaction and perfect picture quality.

The Odyssey portfolio’s premium performance has been certified by TÜV Rheinland, a leading international certification organization, which recognized the Odyssey monitors with the industry’s best high performance 1000R Curved Display and Eye Comfort certificate. The Odyssey G9 is also the first monitor certified to support HRD10+, enabling it to...

Continue reading...

Thats a huge curve, I dunno.... I mean at this rate soon we will have little gaming "igloos" that are all screen inside.

I honestly thought VR would take off before huge giant expensive monitors would... but even after all this time the tech is still a barf fest.

I just got a CRG9 a couple of weeks back loving it. Spent the first couple of weeks play testing a bunch of stuff. Mostly really loving it. The brightness factor is a huge win. It does, however show how some games are still truly broken when it comes to HDR support. I was able to enable G-Sync with it but have noticed tearing still at times but that is a huge amount of screen to render when things are moving fast from side to side. Hopefully they've improved a bit with this one now that it's officially certified by NV.

Presently nibbling away at a Crysis 3 playthrough. Can't wait for the first remaster coming soon. The FOV change is hard to describe. Metro Exodus and Witcher 3 are next on the list.

Do you mean to say hard to describe in a way that you can hear over the sound of how awesome it is?
Exactly. For the games that support it, it is truly awesome! As some know I used to go by lostin3d, still do in some places, and that was because I was heavy into 3d gaming and movies. When VR starting coming around it wasn't quite able to lure me after watching support wane. Ultrawide definitely gives some of the VR/3D feel to it. Having a screen that basically spans the majority of your visual span unto peripheral gives another level of immersion. It's so nice to get that w/o having to wear something.

Become a Patron!
Back