PSA: The Last of Us Part I Was Ported to PC by Iron Galaxy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Last of Us Part I is one of this year's most anticipated PC releases, but its launch could be a bit of a rocky one. As spotted by users on Steam last week, Naughty Dog has confirmed that the PC port of the game was actually developed in collaboration with Iron Galaxy, a studio that critics say doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to bringing games to PC. Batman: Arkham Knight, which Iron Galaxy released for the PC in 2015, was slammed by gamers for having performance so bad that it prompted Warner Bros. to delist the game and then agree to full refunds, while Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection's release this year was met with complaints that included poor mouse controls, stuttering, and other problems. That said, Naughty Dog seems to have nothing but good things to say about Iron Galaxy, having noted in a post from October 2022 that it had deliberately partnered with them to learn more about PC development.

See full article...

If they keep at it, they will eventually get one right, right?

If they keep at it, they will eventually get one right, right?
Thats how it is now. However thinking about it, its still progress, used to be like once a software was for lets say x86, it would be like, no, impossible! Too difficult. When arm started growing so many were no, it can't be done!
I realize consoles minus the switch are x86, but even that for a while was like, well its sooooo difficult because of console's unified memory and blah blah blah.
At least now they are jumping more to do the ports difficult or not.

It's not an automatic purchase anyway. The $70 price made sure of that. When it drops bellow $30 I might consider it.

Become a Patron!
Back