PUBG Owner Teases Hyper-Realistic Virtual Human, ANA

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Krafton has shared a press release regarding ANA, the company's new virtual human that was developed using artificial intelligence and Unreal Engine's 3D-based hyper-realism technology, advancements that have enabled the creation of a character that some say is barely indistinguishable from reality.

Go to post

But, MS always acquires studios with the very bare minimum of talent, for billions, but it continues to fail to acquire talented devs that could hugely change all its titles' character creation features, etc. for its titles.

MS is that rich kid on the court, but can't hoop for sniz, but he buys his so-called friends so they can pick him to play with them. 😏

But, MS always acquires studios with the very bare minimum of talent, for billions, but it continues to fail to acquire talented devs that could hugely change all its titles' character creation features, etc. for its titles.

MS is that rich kid on the court, but can't hoop for sniz, but he buys his so-called friends so they can pick him to play with them. 😏
Yea clearly they got to be a 2.22 trillion dollar company by not being able to execute. ;)

Yea clearly they got to be a 2.22 trillion dollar company by not being able to execute. ;)
Sometimes there's no accounting for taste:

My proof: Apple is worth more than Microsoft.

Yeah, I'm sure that those "trillions" earned came from MS's gaming segment that only contributes to ~7% towards all MS entire earnings, though. 😏

Sometimes there's no accounting for taste:

My proof: Apple is worth more than Microsoft.
True. But the difference between the two is that Apple's products are highly-favored, ALL THE TIME, by kids up to the elderly around the globe, but MS products, etc., well, most consumers feel like they have very limited options and tolerate MS because the other guy is just much worst by comparison or no proper option at all.

I don't think I've ever witnessed any consumers waiting outside store doors for days for a new MS product launch.

If Apple earnings ever drop, it won't be due to consumer-reduced interests.

Last edited:
Yea ms makes their money from enterprise licensing. But they want to make it from everything else too.

But they want to make it from everything else too.

Well, for that to happen, all of MS's current soft performance segments - mobile, MS store, gaming, etc., MS needs to clean house from its executives (including all senior VPs, department leads to QA & QC and contracted/temp hires) ASAP.

Success is not proof of competence. I mean in the era of highly successful crowdfunding scams and nft rugpulls this should be obvious to anyone by now.

I don't think I've ever witnessed any consumers waiting outside store doors for days for a new MS product launch
Maybe not waiting outside for days (preorders you know), but it took me around 1.5 years to finally find a series X console after they launhced it, think that counts somewhat as highly desirable.

Yeah, I'm sure that those "trillions" earned came from MS's gaming segment that only contributes to ~7% towards all MS entire earnings, though. 😏
Just one other point here. 7 percent of two trillion is still like. 140 billion dollars. Geezus... someone tell me I got my math wrong.

Not sure which figure is off - 7% or 2T revenue.. but MS gaming revenue is closer to 12-15B (here's another source with an interesting bar graph) than 140B. Still a big number.

The interersting part of the second link, if ActiBliz is able to keep roughly the same marketshare following the acquisition, it will catapult Microsoft ahead of Apple and Sony in terms of gaming revenue. Still no where near 140B, but definitely a strong #2.

Just one other point here. 7 percent of two trillion is still like. 140 billion dollars. Geezus... someone tell me I got my math wrong.

Not sure which figure is off - 7% or 2T revenue

Uhmmm.... I'll just drop this right here! 🤣

Overall, Microsoft's revenues for the third quarter came in at $49.4 billion -- up 18% year-on-year, and a reminder that Xbox only accounts for a small portion of the company's overall business ***(just 7.5% during this quarter).***

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...4bn-in-xboxs-best-non-holiday-quarter-to-date

**Mic-Drop**

Revenue tells nothing about how well the business is run, just how large it is. If they acquire companies left right and center of course their revenue increases.

Become a Patron!
Back