Quake Champions Drops Free-to-Play for a Flat $9.99, Unlocks Everything and Ends New Content

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
2,179
It’s rare for a live service game to go out by giving players everything. Quake Champions is doing it anyway. With its 1.31 point release on September 23, id Software moved Quake Champions from free-to-play to a paid app on Steam. The update unlocks every champion and most cosmetics for everyone. Battle passes, weekly and […]

See full article...
 
I did not even remember this game existed. I was in the beta. That was my only time using that gawd-awful Bethesda Launcher. Anyways didn't care for the game. Give me classic Quake any day. Literally every Quake game that came before Champions is waaaaaaaaaay the f*ck more fun.
 
I would club so many baby seals to get a proper sequel to Quake 2/4 that merged their Strogg story with the occult story of 1 as well as the tournament stuff from 3 and Champions.

Call it "Quake" and just reboot this MF from top top bottom in the mother of all FPS revivals.
 
Give me a proper Unreal Tournament (1999) today and I'll never leave the computer.
 
Give me a proper Unreal Tournament (1999) today and I'll never leave the computer.
I played the UT4 alpha. Still disappointed it was canceled before the game even got off the ground. It handn't gotten to the point of having its own unique feel yet. It was still just early code. Ah well. At least we got 3 games. And those 3 games have remained installed on every PC I've had since those games were new.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top