Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart v1.728.0.0 Patch Corrects Visual Bugs, Improves Stability, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Nixxes Software has rolled out what appears to be the first official patch (v1.728.0.0) for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, bringing several bug fixes and correcting a few visual anomalies in the PC version of Insomniac Games' hit PS5 platformer, which released on July 26. The release of the patch follows numerous reports that suggest Nixxes failed at delivering a perfect PC port of the game, with some alluding to memory leaks that result in poor performance on many GPUs, even with NVIDIA DLSS 3, Frame Generation, and Reflex enabled. Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software are still working with AMD to enable ray tracing on Radeon graphics.

See full article...

I've heard this is selling poorly although it's getting more or less good reviews and feedback.

What do they expect? It's a cartoony platformer. Not a ton of people are into those. If it doesn't offer coop, or pvp, or good graphics of some capacity then it will have a more finite audience.

Good Graphics plus a fun IP people are willing to build interest in. You're golden. As long as your core mechanics are sound and it isn't a murder fest.

For gamers like me Rachet and Clank is outside of the realm of games I was ever into. Too old to be the target audience when it was announced and little to no interest now. And the people that are interested are too young to have real money to burn in todays economy.

When it's eat for a week and get to work with enough gas to be not panicking. OR get a video game... And that is were a lot of people in this target demographic are.

Should have been a 30 dollar game at release and everyone would have bought it to see what it was all about and you would make back your profit in volume.

DF and others have been raving about the graphics, and how the game was a technical showpiece for the PS5, and even more so for the PC. Just from what I have seen in videos I would say it looks better than the R&C CG movie that came out in 2016. "It looks like a Pixar movie...different art styles but it's right up there with Cyberpunk 2077 (path-tracing), Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, Red Dead Redemption 2 etc in terms of best PC graphics." (https://hardforum.com/threads/ratchet-clank-rift-apart.2028201/post-1045701224)
YYeeaahh I dunno about all that, but I bet it still looks really dang good.

The series is past its prime, but I've enjoyed most games in the series (and I own almost every single one) and look forward to checking this one out, as soon as Nixxes fixes the various issues, and the price comes down by 50% or less (most likely less before I jump on it). I'm just really f*cking happy that after all these many years, I finally get to play an R&C game on PC without using emulation.

The PC options/configuration menu was praised for Spider-Man Remastered and Miles Morales, and that was carried over to this game. The game is just lacking polish, and needed another month or two. It came out 2 years ago on PS5, so another 2 months wouldn't have mattered in the least.

I should have been more specific. The STYLE of graphics and gameplay was never for me when it came out. I like to game, but I like a specific style of visual fidelity with my games. Also why I don't enjoy many 8 bit games and such.

I should have been more specific. The STYLE of graphics and gameplay was never for me when it came out. I like to game, but I like a specific style of visual fidelity with my games. Also why I don't enjoy many 8 bit games and such.
I will say - I tend to generally agree, but ... some of my most played games have the most basic graphics. Factorio, Vampire Survivor, Loop Hero, etc. A fun game is fun no matter what the graphics look like.

I have impulse bought games because the graphics looked nice, and I usually regret it. I wouldn't ever impulse buy an 8-bit graphics game... but if the gameplay hooks me, I don't care about the graphics.

Become a Patron!
Back