Razer Announces Viper 8KHz Mouse with 8,000 Hz Polling Rate

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
razer-viper-8khz-hero-image-1024x576.jpg
Image: Razer

Razer has unveiled its new HyperPolling Technology, which enables mice with crazy-fast polling rates as high as 8,000 Hz. The first product to boast this level of speed is the company’s new Razer Viper 8KHz, an esports gaming mouse that is said to usher in a new era of responsiveness, speed, and reliability.

“Currently, most top gaming mice support polling rates of up to 1000Hz, and whilst manufacturers have focused on making mice more accurate and responsive, little consideration has been given to the frequency with which click and positional data is transmitted to the PC,” Razer wrote in a press release.

“With faster PCs and higher refresh rate monitors, higher...

Continue reading...

Too bad its made by Razer. To be perfectly honest, their build quality has never impressed me. I've also seen a higher failure rate amongst those than say Logitech mice which are far more prolific. Plus, you see tons more people bitching about unintentional double-clicking on Death Adders with frightening regularity. I know its popular, but while I can easily count all the Logitech mice that have failed me on one hand, I can count about the same on Razer mice despite having owned FAR more Logitech's.

In other words, my experience is that Razer mice die super quickly. I barely get a year out of them.

Wiff shots even faster!
A faster polling rate is supposed to prevent that. Faster polling rate also allows for a higher DPI without making the mouse overly sensitive. In other words, everything becomes more accurate.
Too bad its made by Razer. To be perfectly honest, their build quality has never impressed me. I've also seen a higher failure rate amongst those than say Logitech mice which are far more prolific. Plus, you see tons more people bitching about unintentional double-clicking on Death Adders with frightening regularity. I know its popular, but while I can easily count all the Logitech mice that have failed me on one hand, I can count about the same on Razer mice despite having owned FAR more Logitech's.

In other words, my experience is that Razer mice die super quickly. I barely get a year out of them.
Agreed. Hopefully we'll see others start to include the fast polling rates. Logitech has been my go-to for over 15 years.

I've owned one razor mouse ever and it sucked. I've owned a couple Logitech and one corsair... I use mice for years and years without replacing them. So I don't mind paying for quality.

I've owned one razor mouse ever and it sucked. I've owned a couple Logitech and one corsair... I use mice for years and years without replacing them. So I don't mind paying for quality.

Ergonomically, I like a lot of the Corsair mice. However, I hate iCue with a passion.

Ergonomically, I like a lot of the Corsair mice. However, I hate iCue with a passion.
iCue has never been disruptive for me. It isn't stable.. but I use a corsair headset, corsair keyboard, mouse, and ram. The only thing icue doesn't touch is the old corsair case I use. ;)

iCue has never been disruptive for me. It isn't stable.. but I use a corsair headset, corsair keyboard, mouse, and ram. The only thing icue doesn't touch is the old corsair case I use. ;)

I don't like anything about it. I hate the interface, I have seen it crash repeatedly, etc. That being said, I've built several systems using a lot of Corsair hardware (not my choice) and the people who use it haven't had too much trouble with it.

I've killed my fair share of Logitech mice, but it usually takes a year or two. The one Corsair I bought, the M65, was getting double left clicks within the first 6 months. Otherwise I liked it.

I've killed my fair share of Logitech mice, but it usually takes a year or two. The one Corsair I bought, the M65, was getting double left clicks within the first 6 months. Otherwise I liked it.

I've got the Corsair MMO mouse. I forget what its called. I've had it for a couple of years and its been fine. Logitechs, I can normally get about two years or so out of. Razer's, less than six months.

What are you people doing with your mice that they only last 2 years? I got 9 years out of my MX510, 6 years out of my G700S, currently going on 3 years with my G502P. I had a G602 at work for about 5 years. Currently on a G402 at work that I bought 2 years ago.

What are you people doing with your mice that they only last 2 years? I got 9 years out of my MX510, 6 years out of my G700S, currently going on 3 years with my G502P. I had a G602 at work for about 5 years. Currently on a G402 at work that I bought 2 years ago.

It's quite simple. I use them 3x more than most people ever could. I'm on my PC upwards of 18+ hours a day (or more) as I do both review work and play games on my PC. It's both something I use for work and my primary source of entertainment. Plus, my regular job is IT, and I use some of the same input devices for that when working from home. (Which is full time.)

So, try using a keyboard and mouse for 16+ hours a day 5 days a week (or more) and it takes its toll on your input devices. Anyone else would probably get 5 or 6 years out of the same mice I wear out in 2.

I will say that I had an MX518 that lasted me like 7 years. Heavy use, and I wasn't gentle with that mouse. They sure don't build em like that anymore.

I will say that I had an MX518 that lasted me like 7 years. Heavy use, and I wasn't gentle with that mouse. They sure don't build em like that anymore.

I wore the feet off my original MX500.

It's quite simple. I use them 3x more than most people ever could. I'm on my PC upwards of 18+ hours a day (or more) as I do both review work and play games on my PC. It's both something I use for work and my primary source of entertainment. Plus, my regular job is IT, and I use some of the same input devices for that when working from home. (Which is full time.)

So, try using a keyboard and mouse for 16+ hours a day 5 days a week (or more) and it takes its toll on your input devices. Anyone else would probably get 5 or 6 years out of the same mice I wear out in 2.

Yea I'm in much the same boat here.

Become a Patron!
Back