Razer Unveils AI-Powered Robot for Cleaning Up Ocean Waste

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
razer-clearbot-1024x577.jpg
Image: Razer

Razer recently announced that it had committed itself to a greener and more sustainable future with a new 10-year sustainability plan called #GoGreenWithRazer. As the latest step in that initiative, Razer has teamed up with a robotics company called Clearbot to develop a fully automated robot that aims to clean up the world’s oceans with the assistance of artificial intelligence. Razer and Clearbot’s contraption is capable of detecting marine plastics within 2 meters in rough waters and collecting up to 250 kg of plastics in just one cycle while running on solar-powered energy.

With approximately 11 million tons of plastics entering the oceans each year, ocean cleaning enterprises often face difficulties with dated technology, cost, and...

Continue reading...

So many Razer jokes we could make here lol.. but in all seriousness, this is pretty **** neat. There a big push for this kind of stuff right now and I don't blame companies for wanting to get in on it.

Makes sense to me. Then after three months tje death adder version can clean that one up.

Ay ay ay. These things are such an absurd thing. Its like when they send barges to pickup oily water after a spill... Pure theatre and play acting. Nothing else... I think everyone instinctively knows this, some acknowledge it, others lash out against acknowledgement of the bs.

Become a Patron!
Back