Really weird sound issue

Have you checked your BIOS/UEFI settings? Sometimes sound problems can be related to BIOS/UEFI settings.
You can try System File Checker (SFC) and DISM: Run System File Checker (sfc /scannow) to check and repair any corrupted system files. Alternatively, you can run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool to fix component store corruption.
I have made multiple linux/windows 10 installations and the issue persists. There are nothing much on the BIOS settings that could be the problem. On the current win 10 install, sound will work every now and then for a short period of time.
The problem is ONLY with the internal speakers; external (3.5mm) or BT headphones/speakers have no issues.

I'm currently using BT earphones and have no sound issues.

Wait, so if you use the 3.5mm jack you don't have the issue? Yet when you use the 'internal speakers' you do?

That's interesting. Makes me think perhaps the amp for the internal speaker is having issues. DUnno for sure.

Wait, so if you use the 3.5mm jack you don't have the issue? Yet when you use the 'internal speakers' you do?

That's interesting. Makes me think perhaps the amp for the internal speaker is having issues. DUnno for sure.
Yup, as Peter suggested, and I'm inclined to agree, it could be a hardware issue, the laptop doesn't seem to get hot enough though.

A good friend of mine recently had his just a couple year old laptop from MSI die on him. Jad weird intermittent issues. Found parts of the PCB were literally separating. Nobody found it under warranty because nobody was looking for something like that.

Become a Patron!
Back