Redmi Note 12 Discovery Edition Smartphone Can Be Fully Charged in Nine Minutes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Redmi has announced a new flagship smartphone called the Note 12 Discovery Edition, and one of its biggest highlights is how fast it charges: thanks to support for 210-watt HyperCharge, users can fully charge the phone's 4,300 mAh battery to 100% in just nine minutes.

See full article...

You know --

I can only think of a couple of very limited scenarios where I'm in a god awful hurry to have my phone charged. I'm even using an older phone that needs to be charged 2 or 3 times a day.

Faster charging also reduces overall battery life. So not sure this is such a great selling point. It's not like it's a car, where I'm trying to get somewhere and have to wait around for it to charge -- you can still use a phone while it's charging, and if you need to move around, there are plenty of mobile powerbank options.

I guess anything we can do to have a better number on the box than the competition though.

9 minute charge time doesn’t really interest me all that much - I could honestly manage a 9 hour charge time if it meant the battery capacity would never degrade. There we go - instead of a 9 minute charge, can I get a 9 year life expectancy?

Become a Patron!
Back