Ren & Stimpy Revival Coming to Comedy Central

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ren-and-stimpy-season-five-dvd-cover-1024x576.jpg
Image: ViacomCBS

Great news, ’90s kids! Following on the heels of a Beavis and Butt-Head revival, Comedy Central announced today that it’s also bringing back another classic cartoon series, Ren & Stimpy – you know, the lovable (but often disgusting) Chihuahua and fat-cat duo.

We’re not sure how well this “reimagining” will measure up to the original episodes (series creator John Kricfalusi likely won’t be involved due to the disturbing allegations made against him), but staples such as Powdered Toast Man and Mr. Horse are sure to make an appearance.

“I want to thank our partners at Nick Animation as we re-imagine these iconic characters with a...

Continue reading...

Was never a fan of that cartoon. Doubt my opinion on it will change with a reboot.

Definitely an acquired taste for us. Didn't like at first but eventually grew on us. There are some parts . . . .you simply. . . .can't unwatch no matter how much you wish you could.

Knowing Nick it's going to be a current year bastardized version, so I couldn't care less. What made the original good, indeed a lot of cartoons from that era, was how politically incorrect it was and not caring about causing offense. There is no way a cartoon in that spirit can be made these days on a major cable network with how overly sensitive everyone is nowadays.

Knowing Nick it's going to be a current year bastardized version, so I couldn't care less. What made the original good, indeed a lot of cartoons from that era, was how politically incorrect it was and not caring about causing offense. There is no way a cartoon in that spirit can be made these days on a major cable network with how overly sensitive everyone is nowadays.

Agreed. Not only that, but without the show's original creator being involved, there is very little chance it could be good.

Become a Patron!
Back