Report: Warner Bros. Discovery to Launch New “Max” Streaming Service with HBO Max and Discovery+ Content for $16 a Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Warner Bros. Discovery is about to announce a new combined streaming service called Max, and it will cost roughly $16 a month, reports The New York Times. According to the publication, Max will officially be unveiled tomorrow on Wednesday, April 12, and while it isn't exactly clear when the service will launch yet ("next month or two"), subscribers can expect to access content from both HBO Max and Discovery+ libraries, including The Sopranos and Dr. Pimple Popper. HBO Max's ad-free option is $15.99/month, while Discovery+ starts at $4.99/month. Max is expected to better help Warner Bros. Discovery compete against the likes of Netflix and Disney.

See full article...

And a smart move rather than dissolving Discovery + and HBO Max and making them one... because that would probably effect all of the 'freemium' folks that have HBO Max through various other subscriptions.

I think I pay about $15/mo for HBO. Discovery is not worth another dollar on top of that. Most times I think HBO isn't worth that, I probably should drop it since I'm between shows right now there anyway.

Well, let me see. Per month w/no ads... BuuuTT with FAKE Dolby Vision (P5-P8) with no lossless/TRUE object-based audio:

Netflix $20
HBO-Max/new MAX - ~$16
Disney+ ~$20

Not including Para-Showtime+, etc., - is a total of ~$56 ($672 annually, minimum) a month for just mainly old content, woke galore nonsense, and for them to constantly raise their prices but, for good measure, they even remove content, harden their anti-consumer guidelines, etc.

OoooRRrr... I could take that $600+ a year and purchase ONLY the selective movies and TV shows my family and I are interested in at FULL UHD/BluRay (e.g. many full UHDs shows/movies could be found online ~$20ish, even much less used in good condition) and local stream our content anywhere on this planet... for FREE and a peace of mind.

Last edited:
Well, let me see. Per month w/no ads... BuuuTT with FAKE Dolby Vision (P5-P8) with no lossless/TRUE object-based audio:

Netflix $20
HBO-Max/new MAX - ~$16
Disney+ ~$20

Not including Para-Showtime+, etc., - is a total of ~$56 ($672 annually, minimum) a month for just mainly old content, woke galore nonsense, and for them to constantly raise their prices but, for good measure, they even remove content, harden their anti-consumer guidelines, etc.

OoooRRrr... I could take that $600+ a year and purchase ONLY the selective movies and TV shows my family and I are interested in at FULL UHD/BluRay (e.g. many full UHDs shows/movies could be found online ~$20ish, even much less used in good condition) and local stream our content anywhere on this planet... for FREE and a peace of mind.
Heck you could pre screen all of your media to have as few differing opinions on anything be exposed to you so you can stagnate in your own understanding of the world.

The streaming service industry is completely bonkers. Content is all over the place, and constantly switching hands.

Some old classic cartoons have moved from HBO Max to Boomerang, which operates as a separate service and charges its own subscription fee, despite being owned by the same parent. Sorry, I'm not going to pay a separate monthly fee to watch reruns of Scooby-Doo, not even for a Scooby Snack.

I recently had to temporarily sign up for two services just so that a family member could watch a single TV series. There was not a single provider that had all of the seasons. (This was a British TV series and unrelated to HBO Max.)

Well I took the advice someone gives here routinely (/sorry don't remember the username) i suscribe for a bit, then stop, then may suscribe again so on. Permanent for me is netflix , and prime as a consequence of, well prime.

Become a Patron!
Back