Researchers Achieve 938 Gb/s Transmission Data Rate on 6G, 9000x Faster than 5G

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
6G, a sixth iteration of the long-standing technology standard for cellular networks, may be fast enough to allow users to download more than 20 movies in a single second, according to a recent test conducted by researchers at University College London, one in which the team managed to send data at speeds as high as 938 Gbps over a 6G network.

See full article...

Good for them, that's awesome. I will herald the day 6G rolls out only to be greeted by LTE on my **** phone. 🤣

That write up is for fixed point to point using focused lasers to transmit data... that in no way applies to peoples friggen cell phones.

That write up is for fixed point to point using focused lasers to transmit data... that in no way applies to peoples friggen cell phones.
it's not like we have devices that could handle that amount of data anyways, but always nice to see a new proof of concept, ket's just hope it leads to something that is usefull.

If this could be rolled out within 5 years it could be a game changer but I severely doubt that will happen. I wonder what the latency would be.

I'm with @Shotglass01 -- still on LTE in most places, if I even get signal at all. 5G was nothing more than a big buzz word to go sell new phones - hasn't really done anything for me.
It's kinda like new WiFi standards. Nice... but not really relevant until it's very old news and the next standard is the new buzzword.

5G coverage is spotty, at best, where I live but it's nice when I do have it. I forget the exact #'s but somewhere in the 20-40 Mbps range.

Become a Patron!
Back