Review format suggestion

Riccochet

FPS Regular
Would it be possible to add a page index and links to the reviews?

ie:
Page 1: Introduction and Overview
Page 2: Specs and Test Setup
Page 3: Blah Blah Blah

Something to give readers a way to quickly find the information they may be looking for without having to go page to page if they're looking for something specific.

Would it be possible to add a page index and links to the reviews?

ie:
Page 1: Introduction and Overview
Page 2: Specs and Test Setup
Page 3: Blah Blah Blah

Something to give readers a way to quickly find the information they may be looking for without having to go page to page if they're looking for something specific.

I've been actively working on that. This does not seem like something that's easy to implement for WordPress and our particular theme, but I'll get it figured out (sooner rather than later, I hope). I'm even looking at Table of Contents sorts of things...

I've been actively working on that. This does not seem like something that's easy to implement for WordPress and our particular theme, but I'll get it figured out (sooner rather than later, I hope). I'm even looking at Table of Contents sorts of things...

These links may help.

For ToC:

For Drop Down Menu with links:

These links may help.

For ToC:

For Drop Down Menu with links:

Tried that ToC plugin last night. Doesn't work across multiple pages - whole article has to be on the same page.

The drop down menu with links would jam the radar.

There's another plugin I was looking at last night that might do the trick though it requires a per-article manual configuration - I really want one that'll just suck in all the H2 headers from each page and do it automatically (we use H2 at the top of each page), but I'm not sure that exists without custom coding...

Tried that ToC plugin last night. Doesn't work across multiple pages - whole article has to be on the same page.

The drop down menu with links would jam the radar.

There's another plugin I was looking at last night that might do the trick though it requires a per-article manual configuration - I really want one that'll just suck in all the H2 headers from each page and do it automatically (we use H2 at the top of each page), but I'm not sure that exists without custom coding...

This might do what you are looking for.

This might do what you are looking for.

Ah. thank you! looks like the pro edition is needed, but adds a bit of automagic to it.. now need to see if I can restrict to just multipage...

Would this be best at the top of each page of an article or bottom of each page of each article?

Yeah, pretty slick - though it took me too long to notice the 'show/hide' button. One of those 'arrow' toggles might be more noticeable.

Yeah, pretty slick - though it took me too long to notice the 'show/hide' button. One of those 'arrow' toggles might be more noticeable.

I'm limited to customizing that with text from what I can tell. What text combo would be best?

I also don't think I can pull the show/hide to be closer to the TOC words.

I think just having the cursor change to the hand icon would be enough for a dummy like me to figure out that the Table of Contents was clickable. Once I realized I could click it, the 'show/hide' made more sense.

I think just having the cursor change to the hand icon would be enough for a dummy like me to figure out that the Table of Contents was clickable. Once I realized I could click it, the 'show/hide' made more sense.

Hmm. Might be able to do that with some CSS wizardry. One thing I noticed is that you can click "Table of Contents" to expand, but not to hide, you have to hit show/hide to close it. Hmm.

Hmm. Might be able to do that with some CSS wizardry. One thing I noticed is that you can click "Table of Contents" to expand, but not to hide, you have to hit show/hide to close it. Hmm.

Ok, have the pointer finger setup for that entire span of the table of contents to expand...

Bad news on this - updated the plugin to v1.4.1 and it bonkered all of the pages using the table of contents menu. I've got a ticket in with the plugin builder to get a copy of the older version to put back so I can do some more troubleshooting.

That sucks dude. Hopefully it gets fixed or you find the older version.

That sucks dude. Hopefully it gets fixed or you find the older version.

I was up rather late last night digging through php code, found the bug and fixed it myself, so it should be working now.

Support allegedly sent me either a fixed one or an old one.. but that was long after I fixed it.

Become a Patron!
Back