Rockstar Games Won’t Abandon the Single-Player Experience

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
grand-theft-auto-v-artwork-frisk-me-1024x576.jpg
Image: Rockstar Games

Despite the incredible success of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption’s multiplayer modes, Rockstar Games won’t be pivoting from the single-player games that made it a household name. The developer’s commitment to delivering narratively driven experiences was confirmed by Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick during a recent earnings call last week, in which he responded to a participant’s query and surprise as to how GTA Online’s latest major update, The Cayo Perico Heist, was being enjoyed by so many players as a solo rather than multiplayer venture and what that might mean for the game’s future. Zelnick pointed out that this was Rockstar’s goal all along and took the occasion to remind investors that the studio remains laser focused on single player despite having branched out to other types of experiences.

“Well, no, this...

Continue reading...

I'm glad they are keeping the story driven part working well. That makes sense to me.

Take-Two has proven that Disney should've worked out a Marvel's Avengers-Universe / Star Wars collaboration with Rockstar for its next open-galaxy project, not rinse-n-repeat mimicked titles from UbisoftY.

Take-Two has proven that Disney should've worked out a Marvel's Avengers-Universe / Star Wars collaboration with Rockstar for its next open-galaxy project, not rinse-n-repeat mimicked titles from UbisoftY.
Yeah, on one hand I'm not surprised Mickey Mouse doesn't necessarily want to be associated with Grand Theft Auto. On the other hand.. money talks and the Mouse can't turn down a good paycheck. Also, Miley Cirus.

That would be the ruination of Star Wars, Rockstar already ruined Max Payne. They are incapable of making a meaningful narrative experience.

To be fair max Payne wasn't exactly something easy to work with.

To be fair max Payne wasn't exactly something easy to work with.
Yeah ,but their GTA games also rely solely on the gameplay and open world to sell them. Their stories are extremely hard to relate to, and not very meaningful. And I've had the same experience with RDR2. The only game to come out of rockstar that had a good narrative was not made by them.

Yeah ,but their GTA games also rely solely on the gameplay and open world to sell them. Their stories are extremely hard to relate to, and not very meaningful. And I've had the same experience with RDR2. The only game to come out of rockstar that had a good narrative was not made by them.

Honestly the GTA series has generally had good storylines in my opinion. The only one I didn't really get into was San Andreas.

Become a Patron!
Back