RTX 2080 Ti Can’t Run Watchdogs: Legion at 60 FPS with Ray Tracing Enabled

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Watchdogs-Legion-Streetview-1024x576.jpg

It has been a little over a month since Ubisoft released a trailer for the next Watch Dogs game. At that time, it was also announced that NVIDIA would be working with Ubisoft to incorporate real-time ray tracing in the game. Digital Foundry has now revealed a less-than-stellar performance from green team’s flagship card.

Watchdogs: Legion features ray-traced reflections. As Digital Foundry discovered, running the game in 1080p can be a taxing experience for the RTX 2080 Ti under ultra settings. The game was locked at 30 FPS during testing and provided a smooth experience, but when they unlocked the frame rate, things proved to be too...

Continue reading...

I think DLSS will be needed. And I think it will be needed with the newer generation of cards coming as well.

Though I'm irked that my 2080 base is looking like it won't even be able to play this game at 1440p. If I had a 2080ti for 4k gaming I would be even MORE pissed.

Yar, definitely looking like Nvidia jumped the gun on the RTX cards. I'm expecting a big raytracing performance increase with the 3000 GPUs.

Become a Patron!
Back