Rumor: Next-Gen Xbox Coming in 2026 with AMD Zen 5 CPU

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The RedGamingTech channel has shared new rumors that suggest Microsoft is planning to release at least one more Xbox despite having "lost the console wars," and not only that, it'll be out in 2026, a few years earlier than some might have anticipated.

See full article...

2026 is time for RDNA 5.

So zen5c & RDNA 5 ??

2026 seems a bit too early for a new generation when the current one started in 2020 (not counting the Switch's launch in 2017, as Nintendo launched their 9th-gen system in the middle of 8th-gen). Not that this has stopped Microsoft before. The original Xbox was only on the market for 4 years, which is less time than even the standard 5 years for old generations. 7th-gen lasted from 2005 to 2013. 8th-gen lasted from 2013 (well 2012 if you count the Wii U which is more like a 7th-gen system) to 2020. It may very soon be time for the updated/refreshed 9th-gen consoles (PS4 Pro and XB1X came about 3-4 years after the base consoles launched). But 10th-gen starting in 2026? I dunno about that. Maybe 2028.

2026 seems a bit too early for a new generation when the current one started in 2020
Nah.

We had that anomoly with the 360/PS3 generation where that lasted far too long. Generations before that were ~5 years, sometimes quicker.

If they would embrace backwards compatibility I'd say the faster the better.

As I mentioned in my post.

7th-gen did last longer than any other gen, but 8th-gen lasted almost as long. I figured that's how things were gonna be going forward.
Microsoft has 2 incentives to advance the xbox next to 2026

1. There is no pro version this time. The series X is the pro version
2. A new box would enable devs to ditch requirement to support the series S

Become a Patron!
Back