Rumor: PlayStation 5 Pro Launches in Late 2024 with Accelerated Ray Tracing Performance

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The PlayStation 5 is already an excellent console that features some nice hardware from AMD, but an even better model is supposedly coming soon. According to sources with Insider Gaming, Sony is developing a PS5 Pro, and not only that, it's scheduled to release as early as next year, in late 2024. The specifications for the new Pro model are still a mystery, but new patents that PlayStation architect Mark Cerny recently filed have led many to believe that it could feature better ray tracing, bringing the platform a tiny bit closer to PC. Insider Gaming has clarified that this is not the same console as the new PS5 with detachable disc drive that was previously reported.

See full article...

That would be about the right timing. PS4 Pro came out almost 3 years to the date after the PS4, just a couple months after the PS4 Slim. Late 2024 would put a PS5 Pro at 4 years, and if they had a Slim/Refresh at 3 years, that would line up about right.

Ready for scalpers 2024. Maybe enough regular ps5s then? No that I have looked hard at all but I have yet to stumble into a ps5 or a series x. The series s though, is like a cancer. Which does make me wonder if the series s will foverever kill series x better performance possibility ( remember an article related to this too, discussed here).

I've been seeing more and more PS5 in stock on Amazon (at actual MSRP sellers, not the 3rd party used scalpers).

It feels like it's early to announce a Pro model, but, really, late 2024 lines up well enough. Not sure if I'd grab a Pro model (I never did for the PS4) but I have been playing my PS5 a lot more than I ever did my PS4, so maybe it'll warrant the upgrade.

I've been seeing more and more PS5 in stock on Amazon (at actual MSRP sellers, not the 3rd party used scalpers).

It feels like it's early to announce a Pro model, but, really, late 2024 lines up well enough. Not sure if I'd grab a Pro model (I never did for the PS4) but I have been playing my PS5 a lot more than I ever did my PS4, so maybe it'll warrant the upgrade.
Might be a reason to get one if I'm just flush on cash and want to splash out on something.

Become a Patron!
Back