Rumors of New Star Wars Game by Quantic Dream Intensify, Will Supposedly be More Action-Focused Than Developer’s Previous Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
detroit-become-human-screenshot-markus-android-skin-1024x576.jpg
Image: Quantic Dream

French YouTuber Gautoz and Tom Henderson claimed last week that Quantic Dream, the developer behind Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human, was developing a game set in the Star Wars universe. Sources with Kotaku are now saying that they’ve heard something similar.

According to one of Kotaku’s sources, Quantic Dream’s Star Wars game has been development for over a year. The source also suggests that the game will be very different from Quantic Dream’s usual titles, in that it won’t lean on QTE-type commands and play more like a traditional action game. Quantic Dream’s Star Wars game could also feature an open-world and support multiplayer.

From Kotaku’s report:

Kotaku has heard the same from a third, separate source with knowledge of the studio’s development plans. According to this individual, Quantic Dream has indeed...

Continue reading...

I'm not sure if this would be a good thing or a bad thing.

I would not mind a bit more gameplay and less watching a game. As long as the story is decent.

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER FORTNITE CLONE PLEASE NOT ANOTHER FORNITE CLONE....

That's all thank you. Bloodlines got ****canned for another fortnite clone... I do not want more...

Well all that dev has every produced was interactive movie type games, so expect more of the same. Not that they are "bad" but I relate them to be more like super hi rez / detail Tellale games. Choose your own adventure types. I liked Detroit : Become Human, but did I really "play" it or just push buttons every now and then? Decent story, writing, acting though, and of course it was beautiful.

Well all that dev has every produced was interactive movie type games, so expect more of the same. Not that they are "bad" but I relate them to be more like super hi rez / detail Tellale games. Choose your own adventure types. I liked Detroit : Become Human, but did I really "play" it or just push buttons every now and then? Decent story, writing, acting though, and of course it was beautiful.
That's not the kind of experience I enjoy.

The article says it wont be more of the same, there is talk of an open world part and even multiplayer, doubt a multiplayer game will just be watching a movie with a few QT events.

The article says it wont be more of the same, there is talk of an open world part and even multiplayer, doubt a multiplayer game will just be watching a movie with a few QT events.
Yeah well dev studios spout BS all the time. Time will tell

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER FORTNITE CLONE PLEASE NOT ANOTHER FORNITE CLONE....

That's all thank you. Bloodlines got ****canned for another fortnite clone... I do not want more...
I don't want to see that either. I've never been able to get into those Battle Royal games. Frankly, I want more stuff like Fallen Order. Star Wars games, when done right get my attention with story. Put a Star Wars skin on something without that and I just don't care. The first Battlefront remake kept me entertained for about 10 minutes. BF2 did better, but after finishing the campaign I think I only played a dozen hours of multiplayer.

Become a Patron!
Back