Ryan Reynolds Plays a Video Game NPC in First Official Trailer for “Free Guy”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Creative bankruptcy, or genius? 20th Century Fox has released the first trailer for "Free Guy," a movie that explores the life of a video game NPC. Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds plays the lead, "Guy," a bank teller who realizes he's an unwilling participant in a virtual world. It appears to be the perfect film for GTA fans who have wondered what it's like to be on the receiving end of all that violence.

In Twentieth Century Fox’s epic adventure-comedy “Free Guy,” a bank teller who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game, decides to become the hero of his own story…one he rewrites himself. Now in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way…before it is too late.

Interesting Idea.

Unfortunately Ryan Reynolds can only play one type of character - Ryan Reynolds.

Interesting Idea.

Unfortunately Ryan Reynolds can only play one type of character - Ryan Reynolds.

You say that like it's a bad thing. As long as it fits it fits. And I'm happy to watch this movie.

You say that like it's a bad thing. As long as it fits it fits. And I'm happy to watch this movie.

It's not bad. it's just ... getting stale. May as well title this Deadpool 3, all that would really be different is his costume.

Ryan Reynolds is the new Mike Meyers - not bad, but gets really repetitive if you see everything.

Interesting Idea.

I understand your take on this, as it seems like he's being slightly over used now due to his popularity in Deadpool. I like what he's done so far, but I could see it wearing thin.

Become a Patron!
Back