S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 to Debut on Xbox Series X as a Console Launch Exclusive

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
stalker-2-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: GSC Game World

Remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2? You’ll be forgiven if you don’t, since GSC Game World’s mysterious Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat sequel has been marred by a troublesome and convoluted development history. But after being announced in 2010, being canceled in 2012, and then development restarting in 2018, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is finally being released on the PC and Xbox Series X (console launch exclusive)! You can check out its first official trailer below, which debuted during today’s Xbox Games Showcase – it definitely looks like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game, alright.

“With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, we are finally creating the thing we’ve wanted to make since the very beginning,” wrote GSC Game World. “For the...

Continue reading...

It's kind of a slap in the face to make this a console exclusive at launch though.

After all it was the PC community that MADE the first three games, with years mods and fan support.

It's kind of a slap in the face to make this a console exclusive at launch though.

After all it was the PC community that MADE the first three games, with years mods and fan support.
It may also be an Epic exclusive on PC. GSC refuses to reveal whether or not it will be, yet, which makes me feel that it will. They're just delaying that reveal as much as they can to avoid a lot of backlash prior to release.

It may also be an Epic exclusive on PC. GSC refuses to reveal whether or not it will be, yet, which makes me feel that it will. They're just delaying that reveal as much as they can to avoid a lot of backlash prior to release.

I'm generally not a fan of piracy as I believe the developer deserves to get paid, but I have no problem justifying it for these market distorting store exclusives.

When I was a kid I pirated games left and right because I didn't know better. Then I grew a conscience in the late 90's and haven't pirated since, but if I feel like playing one of these titles, and Epic has bribed them to be a monopolistic exclusive I might just do it. I probably would have with the latest Metro game, if I hadn't been so busy last year and didn't have much time for games.

I'd prefer some DOJ action to stop this kind of bullshit, in the mean time I am not going to miss out because of them.

I'd be 100% on board for passing a law that requires content creators to license all content made available on the market to the public (games, movies/tv, music, you name it) equally to all retailers willing to sell it, without any unfair discounts to in-house stores.

This way we can have free competition, and the markets can decide which stores and streaming sites win. The way free markets are supposed to work.

In the meantime, it would be great if more people sent the message. You can get paid for a non-exclusive launch, or you can not get paid at all. Your choice.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back