Saints Row Reboot Officially Announced, Will Be Exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
saints-row-self-made-lineup-1024x576.jpg
Image: Volition

Following a background teaser shared last Friday, Volition has officially confirmed a new installment of its GTA-inspired franchise, Saints Row. The latest title is being described as an “absolute reboot” that will trace the origins of the Saints, the fictional street gang that the series is named after.

Volition hasn’t shared any gameplay footage of Saints Row yet, but it did release a CG announcement trailer teasing the game’s atmosphere and the kind of wacky adventures that the Saints will be getting themselves into in the vibrant, fictional city of Santo Ileso. There are also a couple of screenshots that provide a good idea of what the final game might look like.

Here’s a lengthy list of what Saints Row fans can expect from the new reboot, as published by Volition:

Witness the Birth of The Saints – Play through an action blockbuster...

Continue reading...

Not gonna lie... I want to give this one a shot. I've enjoyed the others far more than I thought I would. But the absence of a dubstep gun will suck. ;)

And as usual my money will be exclusive to my wallet.

More apt title would be diversity row. When you have one of each, except for you know a white male, you might as well be advertising it on a billboard that you are tokenizing the characters. But I'm sure twitter will appreciate it. And there will be a lot of articles chastising gamers for not liking it, and then when it bombs there will be another slew of articles blaming gamers.

Last edited:
Hate to point this out but those look like standard models from build your own 3d games.

More apt title would be diversity row. When you have one of each, except for you know a white male, you might as well be advertising it on a billboard that you are tokenizing the characters.
I'll be honest - I didn't get past the "scorpion", and thought - "huh, not much to see here", and that was when I clicked away. Unless you had pointed this out I probably wouldn't have even looked past that.

So you're mad that a white male isn't featured as a character and it's mostly diverse characters that usually aren't represented in the gaming space? Grow up dude.

So you're mad that a white male isn't featured as a character and it's mostly diverse characters that usually aren't represented in the gaming space? Grow up dude.
No I'm not angry there is no white male, I said it is tokenizing the characters. You honestly think it makes a good game, when creativity is second fiddle to checking boxes?

True diversity that's worth a **** comes from diversity of thought, not skin color, the characters in the trailer might as well be one and the same, they are about as diverse in this regard.

And wtf is this nonsense revisionist history? Oh, why am I bothering when it is so obviously a troll post, no sane person would suggest that games didn't have significant asian, and other representation until now, so it is up to saints row to save the day. LOL.
Just what is it with SJWs and pretending that the past didn't happen? Like first female lead movie: Captain Marvel. First Asian kunfu film: Shang Chi.

Last edited:
No I'm not angry there is no white male, I said it is tokenizing the characters. You honestly think it makes a good game, when creativity is second fiddle to checking boxes?

True diversity that's worth a **** comes from diversity of thought, not skin color, the characters in the trailer might as well be one and the same, they are about as diverse in this regard.

And wtf is this nonsense revisionist history? Oh, why am I bothering when it is so obviously a troll post, no sane person would suggest that games didn't have significant asian, and other representation until now, so it is up to saints row to save the day. LOL.
Just what is it with SJWs and pretending that the past didn't happen? Like first female lead movie: Captain Marvel. First Asian kunfu film: Shang Chi.

Please... just stop. It's very clear you don't like change in how games or other mass media are represented. I swear it seems like if it isn't a jacked white guy pounding the badguys you presume it's a SJW mission and will be a flop because it's Woke. We get it. Everyone that frequents these forums understands that MadMummy looks for things that represent social change and rails against it. Congratulations.

Just to be fair man you're quickly sounding like a grandpa who doesn't like all the brown people in the neighborhood.

YOU are tokenizing the characters. YOU are bothered by it. It shouldn't matter that the cast of characters doesn't contain a white person. But it seems to upset you quite a bit. You should really figure that out.

Become a Patron!
Back