Samsung 990 PRO with Heatsink 1TB PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction Samsung is well-known for being a popular choice of storage for PC users looking for reliable and fast storage for a long while. Whether you are an enthusiast, a gamer, a content creator, or a workstation user Samsung’s SSDs are widely available, though typically holding a premium in pricing over the competition. On our […]

See full article...

Nice did Samsung finally sample you all or was that a drive bought? Just curious. Good review!

Nice review. I guess if I ever get off AM4 and PCIe 3 I will have to up my game from my old Sam 970 evo. OTOH I still play games of an old 5tb sata drive and it doesn't seem to bug me.

Nice review. I guess if I ever get off AM4 and PCIe 3 I will have to up my game from my old Sam 970 evo. OTOH I still play games of an old 5tb sata drive and it doesn't seem to bug me.
It won't until you get used to the increased performance then it will feel bad and you'll notice other stuff.

things the fast drive when properly used helps with...

LOD texture switching, Load times, tabbing between game and apps or just between multiple high memory use apps if you don't have a ton of ram.

Anything that has to swap to disk or pull from disk basically

I have to wonder how quick the old mass effect elevator rides would be come!

It won't until you get used to the increased performance then it will feel bad and you'll notice other stuff.

things the fast drive when properly used helps with...

LOD texture switching, Load times, tabbing between game and apps or just between multiple high memory use apps if you don't have a ton of ram.

Anything that has to swap to disk or pull from disk basically

I have to wonder how quick the old mass effect elevator rides would be come!
Oh I forgot about the elevator, LOL

Nice did Samsung finally sample you all or was that a drive bought? Just curious. Good review!

Drive purchased, not sampled.

Actually the answer is none of the above. I got it at CES at a NewEgg event run by Howl (who we get our Newegg and BestBuy affiliate links from). There was a table full of loot for giving them a tick talk handle - luckily they let me sub twitter since we don't have the other!

Become a Patron!
Back