Samsung Announces Availability of Next Generation 2.5D Integration Solution, I-Cube4

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
samsung-i-cube4-render-1024x574.jpg
Image: Samsung

Interposer technology allows multiple dies to be placed on a single substrate and operate as one processor. Samsung has announced its latest 2.5D package featuring a silicon interposer around 100㎛ thick, which has four HBMs and one logic die. The new I-Cube4 is aimed at HPC, AI, 5G, and large-scale data center solutions. With its heterogeneous integration, the I-Cube4 is expected to see improved performance between the logic unit and its HBM modules. Samsung has developed a mold-free structure and process to remove heat and assist in screening out defects during manufacturing.

Image: Samsung

Since the launch...

Continue reading...

Interesting. Won't be long know before everything but display and external user i/o is on a single die.

Interesting. Won't be long know before everything but display and external user i/o is on a single die.
...and those are the same thing... ;)

Really everything should converge with USB 4. TB3 (which USB 4 is) did most of the work, and aside from some lingering security concerns, we're pretty much 'there' today.

Become a Patron!
Back