Samsung Display’s 34-Inch QD-OLED Achieves Eyesafe Certified 2.0

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Samsung Display has announced that its 34-inch QD-OLED display has achieved Eyesafe Certified 2.0, a certification that's reserved for select panels that feature less harmful blue light emission and are adequately optimized for users' eye health. Eyesafe Certified 2.0 is only awarded to displays with a Blue Light Toxicity Factor (BLTF) of 0.085 or less, and according to RPF (Radiation Protection Factor), a new scale that was introduced as part of Eyesafe Certified 2.0 to better show blue light emissions at specific brightness levels, Samsung's QD-OLED 34-inch monitor features a BLTF between 0.079 and 0.083. Samsung's G85SB with 34-inch QD-OLED display costs $1,499.99.

See full article...

Does this mean I can get a prescription for this and purchase one of these monitors as a medical device? Hummm...

I know it would mean my work would have to order me one.... now THAT is tempting.

I can't help but imagine this would compromise image quality.

If something is supposed to be blue, but now is less blue, isn't that a problem?

I don’t really get the blue light thing either. I mean, you turn on night mode or whatever and everything gets really orange. And that helps you sleep?

Kinda like turning on the Movie Theater setting on my TV and everything just gets amber-tinted.

Become a Patron!
Back