Samsung Will Open Pre-Orders for 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 SSD Series on November 1

Do you leave games installed after you're done with them? I've got a 2TB drive as well, but I've got plenty of free space because generally just uninstall games I'm done with them.
No one do or if I don't play it a while it gos bye bye. But I generally have six or so games installed.

Do you leave games installed after you're done with them? I've got a 2TB drive as well, but I've got plenty of free space because generally just uninstall games I'm done with them.

I used to do this, keeping 3-4 games installed at a time, but a while back I randomly found myself with some excess storage space because I kept my old drives installed when upgrading and during an RMA (since Threadripper board has so many m.2 slots) and it turned out I quite liked it. It was nice to not have to mess with things and reinstall stuff if I randomly on a whim felt like going back and revisiting a certain scene in a game or something.

I could go back to removing games I haven't played in a while, but with fast storage bei g reasonably cheap these days, I think I'd rather just not.

That said, going back to a platform with fewer PCIe lanes will force me to retire older NVMe drives and drive up storage costs, which will force me to make these choices again, which I haven't had to for a while.

Become a Patron!
Back