SAPPHIRE PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 (8 GB) Begins Arriving at Retailers, Costs “Around $249”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
SAPPHIRE is planning to release a new RDNA 3 graphics card called the PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600, according to a new photo that surfaced online today. The photo was reportedly taken at an Asian retailer, and while the box art doesn't provide any clues as to whether the graphics card might look any different from SAPPHIRE's existing Radeon RX 7900 Series, it can confirm that the Navi 33 GPU will feature 32 Compute Units, 32 MB of Infinity Cache, and 8 GB of memory. AMD has priced its Radeon RX 7600 graphics cards for as low as $249, if the source of the image is to be believed.

See full article...

After all of amds talk about 16 gig cards being needed. Nvidia gers better texture compression and amd makes an 8 gig card.

It's not as if that texture compression is going to be instantly beneficial. I do not know what is required to implement it, but my "guess" is that it won't be just something that you can turn on, but rather has to be developed by the developer, in-game, and utilized, specifically, and we all know how slow that process is, and no one knows if it will even gain adoption. At this point, we haven't even seen NVIDIA's Shader Execution Reordering used for Ray Tracing yet that was introduced in the RTX 40 series. Maybe Cyberpunk's RT Overdrive option utilizes it, I don't actually know, but it would be the only use case of it, if so. So that's taking a while, and maybe we'll see it in the next couple of years.

For reference: Radeon RX 6500 XT was released a little more than a year ago in January 2022, as a 4GB video card, and even though it had an SEP of $199, was never at that price, with pricing at $249 or thereabouts. The one we reviewed was retail $259. Looking at Newegg the RX 6500 XT is still at that $245 price point. If anything, it is the Intel Arc A750 that competes at $249, and that is an 8GB video card. So put that into perspective with what allegedly the 7600 is providing.

Last edited:
So when Maxwell tech came out that was a new generation of texture compression done outside of the games. At least by my recollection.

Last edited:
It's not as if that texture compression is going to be instantly beneficial. I do not know what is required to implement it, but my "guess" is that it won't be just something that you can turn on, but rather has to be developed by the developer, in-game, and utilized, specifically, and we all know how slow that process is, and no one knows if it will even gain adoption. At this point, we haven't even seen NVIDIA's Shader Execution Reordering used for Ray Tracing yet that was introduced in the RTX 40 series. Maybe Cyberpunk's RT Overdrive option utilizes it, I don't actually know, but it would be the only use case of it, if so. So that's taking a while, and maybe we'll see it in the next couple of years.

For reference: Radeon RX 6500 XT was released a little more than a year ago in January 2022, as a 4GB video card, and even though it had an SEP of $199, was never at that price, with pricing at $249 or thereabouts. The one we reviewed was retail $259. Looking at Newegg the RX 6500 XT is still at that $245 price point. If anything, it is the Intel Arc A750 that competes at $249, and that is an 8GB video card. So put that into perspective with what allegedly the 7600 is providing.
Is that some particular make of 6500 xt that you are referring to ?

The cheapest is $160

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeo...00 xt&cm_re=rx_6500 xt-_-14-930-074-_-Product

Become a Patron!
Back