SAPPHIRE PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 GAMING OC Video Card Review

magoo

Quasi-regular
Introduction We have our first look at a custom add-in-board partner video card based on the new AMD Radeon RX 7600 with the new SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 7600 video card. AMD released the RX 7600 video card on May 24, 2023. Our in-depth review of that card is located here. The SAPPHIRE PULSE AMD Radeon RX 7600 GAMING OC was released on May 25th, 2023, and is based on that platform but offers a factory overclock and an improved cooling solution. Sapphire is a leading AMD graphics card partner and has been for quite some time. As of this […]

See full article...

Nice card for 1080p gaming all things considered.

Surprisingly so......it feels like it could really overclock well, if the maximum wasn't capped.

Surprisingly so......it feels like it could really overclock well, if the maximum wasn't capped.
Maybe there could be a 7600 xt with extra 50w to 70w budget (& doubling vram to 16gb) for $330 to $350

But, not sure if increasing power budget massively will retain the profit margin for AMD

Maybe there could be a 7600 xt with extra 50w to 70w budget (& doubling vram to 16gb) for $330 to $350

But, not sure if increasing power budget massively will retain the profit margin for AMD
If AMD wants to compete with Nvidia they need to get into AI acceleration in a big way. That's really the big hurdle to their path as a Trillion Dollar company leaving Intel in their wake and bringing competition to the AI market space.

But It's clear Intel is on that game plan as well. Yet they are doing it via dedicated code paths on their CPU's. Unfortunately for Intel they are not at the forefront of this technology, and the big players have the resources to fab their own custom chips to do this if it REALLY comes down to it.

If AMD wants to compete with Nvidia they need to get into AI acceleration in a big way.
Depends on how you want to compete, moreso than who you want to compete with.

nVidia is definitely pivoting into commercial AI. AMD so far has not, and has went the path of consumer devices / custom SOCs

I don't know that you necessarily want to compete against a company against their strength unless you have no other choice -- AMD has a lot of other things they are doing well without necessarily needing to throw the Billions of dollars it will take to dump into AI-specific computer R&D.

Will they catch nVidia at AI? Probably not - but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Nice review!

vs 1080ti? Sidegrade or upgrade? I don't give a hoot about ray tracing. I mean not that I really need to, it's doing Diablo 4 on 4K high at 60+ and looks great. Ultra punishes it a bit and I don't really see much difference....

Remember we tested at 1080. If you can run your games at 4K with what you have, I'd stay put. This card is not a 4K performer.....maybe, some games would be OK at 1440 as demonstrated, but not 4K.

Become a Patron!
Back