Scalpers Have Reportedly Made $39 Million from AMD, NVIDIA, Microsoft, and Sony’s Latest Tech

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Production hurdles aside, scalpers have made it especially difficult for enthusiasts to find this season’s hottest processors, graphics cards, and next-gen gaming consoles. While the incentive for this immorality is obvious, Oracle data engineer Michael Driscoll has shared a report that provides an idea of just how much bank scalpers are making.

AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processors

An analysis of listings and pricing trends for AMD Ryzen 5600X, Ryzen 5800X, Ryzen 5900X, and Ryzen 5950X “Zen 3” processors revealed total profits of $576,737 and total sales of $1,628,521.

CPU GraphMSRPTotal SoldMedian PricePast Week Median PriceCasual Scalper Break EvenSophisticated Scalper Break...

Continue reading...

It's ebay buyer protection. Order scalped card. Return current card and claim that isnwhat was shipped. Profit?

Those big companies should just make a deal with E-bay and the likes to not allow sales of new tech products for 3-6 months after release and the problem will become a lot smaller

There are 8.4 million reasons why that will never happen.

This article says a few things.....
7200 3080 sold by D-Bags vs 190 6800 XT. Either AMD didn't make any stock or actual customers bought them.......or no market for them in D-Bag land.

7200 3080 sold by D-Bags vs 190 6800 XT. Either AMD didn't make any stock or actual customers bought them.......or no market for them in D-Bag land.

No the markup on 6800 xt's is like 3-4x where as the markup for the 3080's is like 50%. I have NO CLUE why but that's just looking...

Ok not that bad I'm seeing them for 1050 now. I suppose once Cyberpunk 2077 came out hype died down as people were not in a hurry to get one once they realized the 20 series played the game fine.

Or, you know, Nvidia had a 2 month headstart, but yeah, AMD availability is even worse here then Nvidia's was.

I don't know why if the manufacturer has limited supply they don't just have a pricing structure similar to what scalpers are doing. First week they are rediculous priced, second week it comes down some, etc, etc until it's at MSRP. AMD/AIB's profit, scalpers have no room left the buy, if you really want one, you can get one with warranty albeit at a price. Sure people will be upset as those with money will get them before those without, but that's the world and that's how it's going now anyways.

Become a Patron!
Back