Seasonic Launches ARCH Q503 PC Chassis with Integrated CONNECT Power Supply and Module

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Seasonic has shared a press release for the ARCH Q503 PC Chassis, the latest mid-tower ATX case from the popular power supply manufacturer to support its CONNECT technologies for a cleaner build.

Go to post

I wanted a connect setup but the max wattage was too low and size too small.

For most people, 650-750W is still going to be plenty. Not everyone is rocking overclocked 16 core CPUs and top-tier GPUs. I'd go out on a limb and say 95% of all gaming PC's would fit comfortably in that wattage envelope (based on Steam Hardware Survey).

That said, 2 yr warranty is a bit low. I can kind of understand since this is a case, but it has an integrated PSU, and there isn't any mention of a separate warranty to cover that. On the other hand, it's Seasonic, and if there is still a PSU company out there to trust, this one is our last hope - and the only thing better than having a warranty is not needing the warranty.

For most people, 650-750W is still going to be plenty. Not everyone is rocking overclocked 16 core CPUs and top-tier GPUs. I'd go out on a limb and say 95% of all gaming PC's would fit comfortably in that wattage envelope (based on Steam Hardware Survey).
Steam survey tends to tend toward older games and systems, and in that context I absolutely agree.

Thing is, you have to drop down more than two tiers from 'top' for consumer parts running current AAA games (well, with AAA graphics) before ~650W becomes comfortable, speaking from recent experience.

I once ran an overclocked i7 and two higher-end GPUs on 650W; I now recommend no less than 1000W for an i7 / R7 and one higher-end GPU. Granted the only reasoning behind skipping 850W is that the pricing is so close. If one wants to go actually high-end, 1200W doesn't sound ridiculous these days.

Thing is, you have to drop down more than two tiers from 'top' for consumer parts running current AAA games (well, with AAA graphics) before ~650W becomes comfortable, speaking from recent experience.
In naming convention yes. In price or performance - not so much. I'll give everyone that price tiers have been obliterated. You can still build an extremely capable gaming rig inside of a 650W budget. You aren't getting a 3090Ti in there, but ... a 3070 roughly matches a 2080Ti in most games, if I'm not mistaken, and is a bit lighter on the power budget.

The naming convention was severely wounded with the 2000 series, and was killed a painful death when the 3090 replaced Titan. You can't really compare "tiers" by name of the 3000 series to anything that came before it.

Especially if top tier is going to run $2k, and second from top near 1k... then I think most people are still going to build in that $200-$500 range.

Last edited:
That said, 2 yr warranty is a bit low. I can kind of understand since this is a case, but it has an integrated PSU, and there isn't any mention of a separate warranty to cover that.
Very disappointing coming from Seasonic.

On the other hand, it's Seasonic, and if there is still a PSU company out there to trust, this one is our last hope - and the only thing better than having a warranty is not needing the warranty.
True.

Become a Patron!
Back