Seasonic PRIME PX-2200 Is a Europe-Only 2200W ATX 3.1, PCIe 5.1, 80+ Platinum Power Supply

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
While modern PC gaming rigs have been seen consuming large amounts of power that are not uncommon to reach 600W-1300W, they can pale compared to the needs of an AI system running multiple GPUs combined with large amounts of system memory paired with a power-hungry CPU. Unfortunately, users in the U.S., with its 120V/60 Hz AC have more challenges in providing a simple, easy, solution for powering a rig that could consume 2200 Watts, but in Europe, that's not as much of an issue with its 200-240V options.

See full article...

I’m tapping out at 220V. Anything over 1500W and I don’t have a room big enough to store it in without also doing some HVAC

I wonder if it would accept 60hz line power...

Would be trivial to hook up a US 240v plug so it.

Not that I can even imagine needing that much power, but...

Likely wouldn't care although some of the filtering may not work properly.

Should work fine, they accept up to 240v 50 to 60hz afaik

Should work fine, they accept up to 240v 50 to 60hz afaik
Yeah, the label in one of the pics says 100v to 240v (presumably to cover the range from Japan (100v) to most of the world (240v)

Japan is weird though (but I don't mean in the usual way people mean it when they say Japan is weird)

My understanding is that while the entire country is 100v, parts of it are 50hz and parts of it are 60hz.

So, if it is intended to work in Japan, there is a chance it is designed to work at 60hz at 100v, and if it works at 60hz at 100v, maybe it would also work at 60hz at 240v in a U.S. style bipole 240v setup....

It must be difficult to keep track of where things like 100v AC motors can run at the correct speed, as that will vary based on whether you are in an area with 50hz or 60hz...

DC circuits on the opposite side of a transformer/PSU would - however - be unaffected. Maybe they just use DC for everything in Japan to eliminate that problem.

Become a Patron!
Back